Head Full Of Zombies | DryHop Brewers

DryHop Brewers
Illinois, United States
dryhopchicago.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Availability: Summer

Our Summer hoppy offering. Malty sweetness and juicy hoppy goodness brought to you by Nelson Sauvin and Citra hops.

Added by MasterSki on 06-28-2013

Reviews by BeerMeFitz:

None found.

4.15/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

1L growler from DryHop. Served in a plastic cup before a No-Tell Motel show.

A - White foam settles to a partial cap, thick collar, and splotchy lacework. Hazy dark orange-copper body.

S - Lots of Nelson Sauvin present here, with only a touch of Citra character. Lots of tropical fruits, gooseberry, and perhaps a hint of zesty onion and earthiness. Pleasant pale malt backdrop that supports the fruitiness of the hops.

T - The taste is similar Nelson dominated, with some mild juicy orange from the Citra in the periphery. More malt balance here, with notes of caramel and bready malt flavors. Bitterness is more intense than I expected, with some spicy and herbal notes that I don't generally expect from either of these hops.

M - Creamy, chewy, medium body, with lower growler-esque carbonation that is somewhat cask-like. Good heft for the lower ABV.

D - I think I liked The Judge a bit more, but this is a nice easy drinking pale ale from DryHop. This was the best beer I had during my dinner at DryHop, so I came back for a growler a few days later.

Head Full Of Zombies from DryHop Brewers