Bass Pale Ale | Bass Brewers Limited

Style: English Pale Ale

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-17-2001

3.4

Ratings: 2,648 |  Reviews: 1,061

What can I say, this is my absolute favorite beer. I should not even review this. It is that old friend that I can always depend on. It is easily available at my local pub. I will admit that it is a mass produced beer. However, among the others it stands out as a time tested favorite of generation after generation of brew aficionados.

On tap at the Fiesta Henderson.

One finger of off-white foam, into a schooner instead of a pint glass. Very nice copper color, translucent. Goes down very well, with a sweet malty finish.

Dee-licious! I can drink this till I collapse. I like to drink it from the bottle, but from the tap it's arguably the best brew pound-for-pound on the planet.

**UPDATE

Ever since the Bass destined for US consumption has been brewed in upstate New York, the Beer Advocate ratings have slumped. This is a case of "haters gonna hate." Bass Ale is still the best g-damn beer out there, and the keg of it that I just bought the other days attests to that.

Malt! Unfortunately, now made by Budweiser in New Hampshire, so kinda spoils the old British mystique.

Best Pale Ale for every day drinking that I have come across. Not too Hoppy, not too bitter. Not an over powering after taste. Smooth and flavorful. Don't think it is made in England anymore though, I believe I heard Anheuser-Busch brews it now. Wouldn't that make it an American Pale Ale?

4.92/5  rDev +44.7%

4.8/5  rDev +41.2%

4.8/5  rDev +41.2%

I finally found this beer at the Wine Cellar Warren Michigan-USA
----it is usually on draft at places like Bennigans- pubs- yes- its nutty-fruity great color -great taste--get tired of all the light beer-with no taste-- this is is very satisfying-need more vendors here-

4.76/5  rDev +40%

I can't go wrong with Bass in a bottle but I prefer it on tap. I know a few good pubs that serve it very well and others that can ruin the whole experience for me. Who wants to drink flat beer? I love it and I tell others who don't like it at first taste that it may take a few samplings for the taste buds to get used to all that flavor and hoppiness.
Although its dark I still insist on drinking it during the hottest days of the summer. Its refreshing as iced tea. Theres a sweetness to it from the malt that quenches my thrist but also makes me crave for more.

I always enjoy hearing what people say about Bass ale. Its been a long time favorite of mine and every steak dinner I have is always with a Bass ale.

4.75/5  rDev +39.7%

4.75/5  rDev +39.7%

4.7/5  rDev +38.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Strong, rich ale. Nice aftertaste