Eric's Stout | Camba Bavaria

Style: English Stout

Added by boddhitree on 09-02-2013

Reviews by boddhitree:
4.34/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Eric's Stout, which I can't find on their website, is not the first beer I've had by Camba Bavaria.

The aroma is full on stout, lots of roasted malts, a little chocolate, toffee and even black malts.

The flavor is the same as the aroma, chocolate, bitter black malt, sweet-roasted malts,… yum.

It's thick in mouthfeel, no dryness like a Guinness, sand it's very süffig.

If you'd told me this was not from Germany, I'd believe you. It's not the best stouts I've had, but it's pretty damn good. For a German brewer, it's outstanding, exactly what I'm hoping for in a stout, with it's own character too.

For €2.60, much cheaper than more craft beers in the USA, but not too expensive compared to an American or British beer in Germany. If I'd bought this beer in America from a craft brewer, I wouldn't be wow-ed, but i'd find it above average but supremely satisfying. For me, living in Germany where a good stout is very hard to find, this is a wonderful beer for me.

Eric's Stout from Camba Bavaria