Coconut Temptress

Gots
SCORE
Outstanding
Coconut TemptressCoconut Temptress
Notes: If you want to be whisked away to a tropical paradise, all you need is a bottle opener. We added toasted coconut to our most seductive brew for a friendly flavor usually found only on the most remote of islands. It still has the delectable, chocolate notes you love, but now with the rich hint of coconut. Grass skirt optional.
Reviews: 7 | Ratings: 28 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
OKbrew89 from Oklahoma

3.88/5  rDev -7.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

On tap. Pours black with a one finger tan head. Nose of toasted coconut. Tase is malt, chocolate, and toasted coconut with a burnt note sneaking in on the end. Full body and low carbonation with creamy body.
The burnt note comes from some burnt coconut and lingers just a bit. Another great body from a Temptress.

Jul 29, 2019
mushroomcloud from Texas

4.4/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

12oz bottled on 8-14-17
Black with a 1/4" beige head - decent retention.
Roasted grain, dark fruit...vanilla, cream.
Smooth coffee with cream, hint of vanilla and coconut. Roasted malt, earthy. All blends together very well. Delicious.
Full body, lower carbonation...smooth mouthfeel. Long roasty finish.
Deceiving at 9.1abv, I would drink this year round.

Dec 03, 2017
TX-Badger from Texas

4.46/5  rDev +6.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Pours an opaque dark brown almost black color almost like oil with khaki colored head. Coconut, chocolate, and roast on the nose; follows onto the palate. Full bodied. Finishes with plenty of coconut and some chocolate.

Nov 04, 2017
ovaltine from Indiana

4.33/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Jet black pour, a minimal amount of light leaking in on the edges, rich tan head. Aroma is a coconut sledgehammer to the melon - and then some of the char slips in. Magnificent.

The taste is all about the coconut, too, but this beer is the slightest bit thin. If it had a smidge more body, beer nerds would stand in long lines to acquire this.

Sep 16, 2017
Thomas_Wikman from Texas

4.47/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I like coconut and I think it comes out perfect in this stout. It is one of the best milk stouts I've had.

Look: dark brown or black color with a thin mocca head.

Aroma: roasted malts, milk chocolate, coconut

Taste: It is sweet, milk chocolate, vanilla, a little bit of coffee, and lots of coconut. No alcohol taste and no funky flavors with the coconut.

Feel: medium to heavy body, smooth and silky.

Sep 08, 2017
Tommo from Texas

4.23/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

This may be the best temptress variant. Huge coconut nose and palate. Clean though, no nasty sun tan lotion here. Would be amazing if they barrel aged this

Aug 30, 2017
bowserpunch from Texas

4.43/5  rDev +6%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

As a devout imbiber of stouts and porters, this is easily one of my recent favorites. My only gripe is the brew is a tiny bit sweeter than I'd prefer - but that's not to say it's overwhelmingly sweet by any stretch. The coconut is perfectly balanced and really does accentuate the imperial milk stout base better than most of the coffee and chocolate stouts we've been seeing pop up by craft brewers over the past few years. I've only had this brew on tap so I can't speak for the bottled variety, but I was so remarkably pleased with my two brimming pints I felt obligated to finally sign up on BeerAdvocate and give Lakewood's Coconut Temptress Imperial Milk Stout high praise and a worthy review. Heavy stout, medium coconut, very subtle bite. It's so delicious you wouldn't believe for a second it's 9% ABV. This one is highly recommended for adventurous stout lovers like me.

It really is a beautiful brew, Lakewood. I could drink this with surprising frequency if only the beer budget permitted.

Edit: I grabbed myself another pint of this stuff on Sunday - a different batch it seems. It was less sweet than the previous batch. Amazing.

I was served two pints of this white sand vacation stout at Lone Star Taps and Caps in Lewisville, Texas.

Aug 27, 2017