Stout | Alameda Brewhouse

Alameda Brewhouse
Oregon, United States
alamedabrewhouse.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Jason on 11-20-2002

3.45/5  rDev -11.1%

I had this at the Portland Beer Fest. It was served with a thin brown bubbly head. The color was dark brown-black. It smelled good - like chocolate. It was served extremely cold - too cold actually, to bring out some of the finer tastes. It had a surprisingly strong alcohol taste after I let it warm up for a few minutes - mainly and aftertaste of coffee/chocolate malts dominated it. It was ok, but not fabulous. I'm glad I got to try it though - is it really retired? They seemed to be bottling it...

3.84/5  rDev -1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.32/5  rDev +11.3%

On tap @ Redbones.

Pitch black with ample foaming to appease the eyes as this is a good looking brew.

Both aroma and flavour a laden with a brisk roasted charcoal flavour that gives hints to a mild smoky character. Roasted malts flex with more charcoal and some suggestions of espresso, hops are there for balance with a flowery earthy flavour. Faint sweetness but seems drier in the end.

I really fell for this one as the roasted character wooed my taste buds, went very well with the baby back ribs.

Stout from Alameda Brewhouse