Peppercorn Saison | Alameda Brewhouse

Alameda Brewhouse
Oregon, United States
alamedabrewhouse.com

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by beertunes on 06-11-2012

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.23/5  rDev -13.6%

Served in straight pint glass. Poured a very pale, clear, yellow color ( like a Pilsner or Kolsch. Easily the most watery-looking Saison I've ever seen) with a meager, thin cap of white head that had zero retention or lacing.

The aroma was very good, certainly some peppery notes, along with some spicy yeast aspects and a light grain base. A pretty nice smelling brew. The flavors had all the same components, but was overall more subdued, which is odd for me because I usually pick up flavors that I miss in the nose. Here, the scent was noticeably bolder than the flavors.

The body was on the thin side of the range for a style that tends to lean towards medium at best. Drinkability was OK, I could see where the pepper tones might tend to lead to palate fatigue if you have more than a couple. Overall, an OK example of the style, worth a shot if you see it.

Peppercorn Saison from Alameda Brewhouse