Hubrew Blonde Ale | John A. Huber Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings
Hubrew Blonde AleHubrew Blonde Ale

John A. Huber Brewing Co.
Missouri, United States
hubrewbeer.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

Hubrew Blonde Ale is a light bodied ale with bold malt flavors and a subtle hop finish.

Added by Goosehunter75 on 03-24-2013

2.58/5  rDev -27.5%

A - Does not pour like a typical blonde. It pours a hazy light amber or copper color with almost no head. The minimal head was an off-white color that quickly dissipated. No lacing. I think this beer could improve on the appearance.

S - To me this beer has very little aroma. What I can smell is a bit of sweet malt, almost buttery. I can also smell a trace of the pine and citrus from the hops.

T - The taste is somewhat similar to the smell. It has that sweet butter taste but it has a but of a bitter finish due to the hops. You can taste some of the citrus from the pine towards the end. It is a very subtle taste.

M - This beer has zero carbonation. It has a semi-medium body and the mouthfeel is extremely smooth. It is a very easy drinking beer. Could be a session beer.

O - Overall I think with some tweaking this beer has the potential to be good but it is just not there yet. The buttery taste is a bit overwhelming and the lack of carbonation is disappointing. I think for the craft drinker, this beer leaves much to be desired. I do, however, think this would be a good transition beer for the macro-lover looking to experience the world of craft beer.

3.67/5  rDev +3.1%

A- Poured out of a 22 oz bottle. Pours a Golden Honey color. Has a orangish tint with a slight haze. Very small 1/2 finger white head.

S- Smells sweet. You can definately smell the malts in this beer. Very prominant. I also detected a slight citrus smell and raisins

T - Just like the smell. Quite sweet up front. Big malt flavors in this beer. I was also able to detct hints of lemon on the finish. Finished very slightly bitter

M - Feels very light in the mouth. Not watery but smooth. It could use a bit more carbonation though.

O - Very enjoyable sessionable beer. I really enjoyed the malt flavors in this beer. Its says on the label to expect bold malts and they definately hit that aspect of the beer. Would be a great beer if it had more carbonation.

3.75/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Light pleasing beer for a summer evening. Could drink several of the these. Nice malty flavor. Very pleasing on the nose, nice finish. Would recommend to anyone preferring a lighter beer. A little light for my pallet as I usually prefer a stout but in this case was impressed with the flavor of this ale.

Hubrew Blonde Ale from John A. Huber Brewing Co.