Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Double IPA | Vault Brewing Company

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by TheFightfan1 on 03-31-2013

10%

3.01/5  rDev -14%

Poured into my tulip. Color is amber with some lighter golden highlights. Great retention, two finger heading that has an eggshell color,good lacing legs after every sip. Lively carbonation action going on here as well.

Nose provided me nothing great, a very sweet sugar mix. Just about no hop aroma at all,if there is it is very tame. Very sweet smelling IIPA.

Disappointing taste here. Not what I've come accustomed to in an IPA. Again almost no hop presence whatsoever. Cloying flavors throughout the tasting. Extremely high sugary alcohols.

There is some balance however, Medium bodied with good carbonation but did leave a buttery coating after a few sips.

Overall not too impressive. I was appalled with the price on the growler. $24 for a 64oz. growler fill. I really am not a stickler with prices too much but when you are given a product that no where near meets the standard. I get a little perturbed. This was almost undrinkable of a IIPA, too sweet and just an overall sugar bomb with no hop presence. A bit disappointing.

3.75/5  rDev +7.1%