Abita Old Fashioned Bourbon Street Honey Pale | Abita Brewing Co.

Abita Old Fashioned Bourbon Street Honey PaleAbita Old Fashioned Bourbon Street Honey Pale
3.67/5

Reviews by Odysseyalien:
3.43/5  rDev -6.5%

4.15/5  rDev +13.1%

3.72/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Pours slightly hazy, gold in color with 1/4 inch head. Taste is huge honey, with cracker, grain, light pale malt with a touch of bourbon. Honey dominates, except for on the aftertaste which is all bourbon. Beer delivers on its label--honey, pale malt, and bourbon are all featured..If you enjoy any of the tastes you will be pleasantly satisfied. I really like Abita. For me, this is in the middle of the great Bourbon St series,but still a quality brew worth seeking out.

3.9/5  rDev +6.3%

3.7/5  rDev +0.8%

3.71/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.49/5  rDev +22.3%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I'm pretty surprised this is rated so low.
Purchased and consumed on 12/7/18, in an old Duvel giveaway large snifter.
Look: great for a pale ale. I rated it a 5, because I'm not sure what else was needed. Head is whatever you want, depending on how you pour it. First half I poured aggressively and left a finger and a half of head. Second was less.
Smell: pegged high for a pale ale. For something on the light side of the spectrum, I don't think it could rate higher. Multiple times while sipping it I said, "Damn, that's good." Fools you into thinking it's a BA barleywine.
Taste: a lighter, sweet barleywine is the best way to describe it. I'm thoroughly impressed and wonder what others were looking for that this is a 3.57 before my rating. It's certainly not a pale ale; but if you're buying something that's a 9.5% BA honey pale ale, you should expect that.
Feel: not much to say here. It's smooth, light for the ABV. There's still a bit left in the glass, and a rather lot of sediment.
Overall: Again, the low rating surprises me. I went in with no expectations and it thoroughly impressed. It's very close to exactly what I was looking for tonight. I wanted a BA dark bomber and settled for a BA pale ale from a brewery in my top tier. I'd happily have more bombers of it when my palate wants similar. I will put it in my quiver as a ciccerone as well. It's an uncommon taste.

3.67/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

2.28/5  rDev -37.9%

Abita Old Fashioned Bourbon Street Honey Pale from Abita Brewing Co.