Fall Fest | Abita Brewing Co.

Fall FestFall Fest

Louisiana, United States
abita.com

Style: Märzen / Oktoberfest

Availability: Fall

Fall Fest (September – November) is a Marzen-style Octoberfest lager. It is brewed with German Haullertau hops and pale and crystal malts. The result is a full-bodied, malty beer with a beautiful amber color.

Added by kbub6f on 08-08-2002

Liked:
3.23/5
Alströms:

3.05/5  rDev -5.6%

12 oz bottle, poured into a pint glass

Appearance: Pours a golden, copper color with a quarter of a finger of white head that quickly dissolved into a thin lacing of foam that completely covered the top of the beer.

Aroma: Strong notes of toasted malt, black pepper, caramel, clover and hops. Some subtle lemon citrus too.

Taste: Malty and bready, like freshly baked sourdough bread, followed by some black pepper, a little bit of lemon, caramel, and some nicely balanced hops.

Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with some pretty good carbonation to tickle the taste buds. With an ABV of 5.4%, there is presence of alcohol on the palate.

Overall: This is a pretty decent American version of an Oktoberfest beer, but nothing special. Tasted good as I drank it, but it was totally forgettable once drunk. I probably won’t get it again, but I won’t turn it down if offered.

3.32/5  rDev +2.8%

4.5/5  rDev +39.3%

2.5/5  rDev -22.6%

4.25/5  rDev +31.6%

2.88/5  rDev -10.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

A weak example fo the German fall festbier. Some of the taste notes are there, but it has a very watered down mouthfeel. Decent, but wouldn’t past muster in Germany...

2.52/5  rDev -22%
look: 2.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Hmm where to start... I love oktoberfests, and this said Oktoberfest-style lager.. So I thought I'd like it... I'm glad I only bought one tho.. The smell is great, look is fine, but the taste.. Oddly sweet.. Too sweet.. and to be honest it doesn't even taste like Oktoberfest to me.. its close enough u can tell it was attempted.. but it just doesn't make an Oktoberfest IMO... its an OK beer I Guess... But I will never buy more.. this reminds me of a drink a child would drink.. too sweet for my tastes...

2.5/5  rDev -22.6%

3.5/5  rDev +8.4%

Fall Fest from Abita Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 17.5% out of 100 with 246 ratings