SOS (Save Our Shore) | Abita Brewing Co.

good
SOS (Save Our Shore)SOS (Save Our Shore)

Abita Brewing Co.
Louisiana, United States
abita.com

Style: German Pilsener

This Abita Beer is a message in a bottle...a distress signal for the troubled waters of our Gulf Coast. For every bottle sold Abita will donate 75¢ to the rescue and restoration of the environment, industry and individuals fighting to survive this disastrous oil spill. This unfiltered Weizen Pils is made with Pilsner and Wheat malts. It is hopped and dry hopped with Sterling and German Perle hops. It has a brilliant gold color, a sweet malt flavor, and a pleasant bitterness and aroma.

Added by Beerbuddha on 07-21-2010

Pours like a thin honey, in color and appearance; decent head and lacing.

Aromas are of a typical pilsner; malty, pils malts, some hop or yeast spiciness, not totally sure.

The taste is fairly disappointing, but that is just because I realize I hate pilsners in general. This is a clean, bright, strong example of the newish imperial style of this beer, I just can't say this is enjoyable. It tastes like nothing in my opinion, how do people like such bland beer. Anyway, some nice tart notes I guess with some sweetness. Could be dryer if you ask me.

Mouthfeel is slightly thicker than the average pilsner, obviously, but decent I guess.

Overall, eh, I think I've said enough on this one. If you like pilsners, why not sure, give it a try. Amazing designs/artwork on the bottle and it was for a good cause so I'm still glad I bought this.

Golden straw colored pour with a one finger head. Taste of wheat up front. Can also taste a bit of bread and citrus. Slight hint of bitterness in the finish.

SOS (Save Our Shore) from Abita Brewing Co.