Purple Haze | Abita Brewing Co.

Purple HazePurple Haze
Liked This Beer
3.28 w/ 3,314 ratings
Purple HazePurple Haze

Abita Brewing Co.
Louisiana, United States
abita.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Purple Haze is a crisp, American style wheat beer with raspberry puree added after filtration. Therefore, you may see raspberry pulp in the beer. The raspberries provide the lager with a subtle purple coloration and haze, a fruity aroma, and a tartly sweet taste.

Added by kbub6f on 10-19-2001

Liked:
3.28/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 3,314 |  Reviews: 814
4.76/5  rDev +45.1%

I know this seem bias me rating it as high as I did however, this was an excellent beer to me. It had JUST the right ammount of bitternes and flavor. I don't do very strong beers and thats why I liked this one. It was the perfect balance. I have had it both in bottle and on tap. The best part about the bottle is the actual raspberries floating in t.

2.5/5  rDev -23.8%

3.24/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Overall Not a Bad Fruit Beer @ all,however not a GR8 One either,has a nice smooth,easy drinkability and they slide right down,but just not enough flavor,you know you are drinking a fruit beer 4sure,but it just doesn't quite make the cut ,and falls just a bit short for me,I Like it as a whole...but for almost 10 bucks a 6er,I Can buy much better Fruit Beers for a lot less,if perhaps it was 6~7 bucks a 6er,I would think about buying it again, because Ice Cold on a really Hot day this a is decent really refreshing beer,and the low ABV [4.2] mixed with the lightness of this Brew makes it a gr8 summer time session Beer,it won't fill you up or hammer you into oblivion when it's hot a hell out,maybe this beer is just really priced extra high in my Area [OC Maryland],and thats too bad,because as I said I would buy it again if it was priced a bit less,but it just is not worth 10 bucks a 6er~cheers and Peace to all:)

3.5/5  rDev +6.7%

Purple Haze from Abita Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 25.4% out of 100 with 3,314 ratings