Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Freckles Saison | Avery Brewing Company

Added by Rayek on 10-08-2011

3.5/5  rDev -10.5%

4.5/5  rDev +15.1%

3.55/5  rDev -9.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

On-tap at the Avery Tap Room. Feckless arrived with a cloudy peach hue and a wispy eggshell cap that slowly fell to a ring at the beer's edge.

Feckless has a very fruity and floral character due to the herbs used in it (I should have written down what they were). The sourdough theme I look for in this style is alive as well. A sharp coriander bitterness carries a touch of citrus. The alcohol adds a hint of heat going down. The body is fairly light and slightly grainy. Carbonation is a bit low for my tastes.

Overall, Feckless is a nice beer. I'm glad I picked it up.

Freckles Saison from Avery Brewing Company