White Rascal | Avery Brewing Company

averybrewing.com

Style: Witbier

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-04-2003

Ratings: 2,489 |  Reviews: 777

This is hands down my favorite brew. If I only could drink one beer the rest of my life this would be it.

I gave this a higher rating not because it stacks up with the classy barrel aged beers but because it is a solid beer.
if we only had standard beers that didn't get all fancy then this would be the leader. I have a keg of it and drink it whenever i don't have a $13 bottle of something aged.
As far as standard beers go this is a 5

just a nice smooth wheat (white) beer heavy handed on the spice and cloudy as hell. just the way beer should be.

This is a perfect 5's across-the-board type of brew. True comestible art . That carbonation tho! Brrrr.

12 oz can, reading this on the bottom:
SKOL VIKINGS!!!
Canned 1-8-16
Then some inventory shit blah blaghh. Popped this at about 38 degrees... centrigrade!! Haha! Jk.. To me, this deep chill brings forward the best flavors of this very earthy, herbaceous stew, nearly garden-like in its yeasty presence, profoundly refreshing. Non-imbibers of farmhouses and belgians are depriving themselves of these deep, subtle, ornate ales. This beer to me represents a height of brewing activity, a triumph of liquid concoction. I find it endearing and chuckle-some that this beer comes in with such average ratings here on BA; an embarrassing exposure of a malnourished, confused, under-appreciative american palate in the realm of masterfully yeasty, spiced brews. Bros... seriously, check yourselves here.

But hey, bazinga, I drink this whenever and often, because it's a rival-less Belgian in a can whose quality stands up and out. I encourage all to support Avery, and to watch out for those oscar blue rascals, out there, breakin' tha law

One of my very favorites beers in a can great taste. I am a big fans of White and this is one of my go to whites.

White Rascal from Avery Brewing Company