Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Bohemia Puro Malto | Sociedade Central de Cervejas

centralcervejas.pt

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by kojevergas on 05-02-2016

2.41/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

On recent travel to Portugal and Madeira I had high hopes that the Sagres Bohemia line would be better then the omni-present Sagres and Super-Bock lagers. Although Portugal is not known for beer the Bohemia name suggested something better. The green labeled Bohemia "Puro Malte" was self-rated as 3/3 for malt, hops and bitterness. Although it certainly is a small step above the regular watery flavorless Sagres beer, I was very disappointed. I guess I would still buy it in a pinch but even the weakest IPA has more hop flavor then this beer. I was planning on trying the 2 other Sagres Bohemia varieties but have opted to stick with the couple of stouts available until I get back stateside.

2.92/5  rDev 0%

Bottle from a supermarket in Lisbon.

C / AVERAGE