The Pils | Brasserie Saint James

Added by Beerandraiderfan on 12-24-2012

Reviews by Beerandraiderfan:
3.47/5  rDev -6.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Looks a little thin, even for a pilsner, makes it easier to hit on the clarity department. Looks budesque. Thankfully, that comparison is about over. Aroma delivers a flowery bitterness, thank you noble hops.

Taste, a little disagreement with what I suspect to be the lager yeast, but once I get settled in, I enjoy the sweet breadyness of the beer between high carbonation noble hopped bitterness probably in the 30 ibu range. The yeast flavor comes and goes in the mouthfeel and aftertaste, would really like this one to finish a little drier or with the hops as a lasting impression, but you can't win 'em all. I took a little longer drinking this one, I probably for once, let a beer warm up when it shouldn't in terms of what's best for my palate's preferences.

Something best left for summertime, I think I'll revisit it then.

3.7/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Light yellow pilsner, white head, clean looking. Saaz hops I suspect making up the aroma. Bitter, hoppy, American.

Well hopped, well carbonated, good yeast tones in the mouthfeel. Good pilsner, its rarely that hot in Reno though, so this is not likely to be one that I drink a bunch of when I'm there.

The Pils from Brasserie Saint James