Revolver Blood And Honey | Revolver Brewing

Revolver Brewing
Texas, United States
revolverbrewing.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Ale brewed with blood orange peels, honey and spices.

Added by Mora2000 on 10-20-2012

3.59/5  rDev -7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.94/5  rDev +2.1%

4.22/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

3.9/5  rDev +1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

2.49/5  rDev -35.5%

It definitely has a honey flavor too it but I didn't really get any of the blood orange flavor. Under the honey I got a weird almost medicinal flavor. Overall I could see how someone might like this but it wasn't for me.

3.34/5  rDev -13.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

4.24/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.74/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

from a 12oz. bottle to my mug, pours a maple color with a moderate off white head that goes away fairly quick. to the nose very pleasent orange spice, tastes pretty good, love the orange, and the spice, the honey makes it almost too sweet, but the feel, a little too heavy, you can really taste that 7%

3.35/5  rDev -13.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.72/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.85/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured from a bottle.

The blood orange and honey are very evident in the taste: the orange is in good balance but the honey is a bit overplayed. (This is a case where I would have given a 3.85 for taste if I could have.) Overall, a pleasant beer that paired well with food.

(At Chamberlain's Fish Markef Grill in Dallas/Addison)

3.88/5  rDev +0.5%

3.99/5  rDev +3.4%

A big hit for Revolver Brewing, enjoyed it. Blood oranges made this beer obviously; you can really taste it. Stronger than some I've had, although I like it fairly light.

3.31/5  rDev -14.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.38/5  rDev -12.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

4.06/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4

Sipped this good one in front of...what do they call it? TV. Looked pretty just another beer. Smell intrigued me.wow, the taste enveloped my mind. Felt just right.
Now, tell me, isn't that a righteous review of a brew?

3.29/5  rDev -14.8%

3.94/5  rDev +2.1%

4.68/5  rDev +21.2%

I began seeing this beer here in the Texas Panhandle a few months back, so I asked a friend in the Dallas area about it. He insisted that I try it. I poured the first one into a weizen glass, and it produced a nice head. I took a sip and literally was reminded of my mothers thanksgiving ham the year she went crazy with the cloves. YUCK! I did finish it, but only because I paid 11 bucks for the 6 pack. Determined to find out what my friend found so good about this beer, I drank the next one straight from the bottle. WOW! The difference was night and day. From the bottle, the clove taste turned in to the sweet, spicy savor of the blood orange zest and honey. This has now become one of my go-to beers. Don't knock it till you try it straight from the bottle!

3.72/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.75/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Appearance: Large, coarse white head, which, all too soon, fades to scatterings of foam on the surface, with a hazy, golden yellow body, exhibiting quite a bit of particulate. Scattered bits of lacing ring the glass walls.

Aroma: Ripe bananas, sweet apple rind, sweet pears, bready wheat notes, some subtle cloves.

Taste: Opens with classic wheat malt, and grassy hops, soon followed by a wave of light fruit notes, pear, sweet apple, white grapes, and bitter orange. A little coriander and clove appear midway through the taste. Towards the end of the taste, the wheat malt and grassy and herbal hops dominate. Finishes with a long, mildly bitter note, and a hint of sweet wheat malt.

Mouth feel: Quite smooth and full, with just a hint of stinging carbonation for interest.

Drinkability/notes: Very well done, an American Pale Wheat, with attributes of a classic Hefeweizen, Offers much more in character than typical, very well done.

Presentation: Packaged in a standard twelve-ounce brown glass bottle with a pry-off crown, served in a New Belgium Brewing chalice.

3.67/5  rDev -4.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

4.01/5  rDev +3.9%

This is a very interesting brew. Revolver calls it an "American Ale", but they call several of their beers like that. It's closer to a Wheat Ale with an interesting spin to it.

I'll say from the get go that it's a very good beer but it's not my style. I can have 1 or 2 but it's not something I'd go to.

But nonetheless, people love it. It has a big fan base. I know because I've done promotions for this brew before. To me it's like a Blue Moon but much more robust in flavor. It's a craft beer so it has a kick and got some flavor. Now I am not comparing this to a Blue Moon directly, don't be fooled. It's night and day difference.

It obviously has honey in it, blood orange and some spices. I am bad with identifying spices but most people pick up something like ginger, cinnamon, coriander, etc. It's a very complex craft beer so you just have to be your own judge.

It's very pleasant when it's ice cold. You can definitely feel the wheat ale there, and because it's stronger at 7%, it reminds me of La Fin Du Monde with a Texas spin to it, honey and blood orange, but a little spicy.

It's a good brew but I'd prefer to drink it in colder months. On a good cold Winter day, this is the beer that would hit the spot. But surprisingly it is from Texas. I'd have to wait a long time for that cold weather to indulge in this brew. Sidewinder on the other hand is much closer to a spring/summer brew.

Final thoughts, with this brew you just have to give it a try because it's like nothing else.

Revolver Blood And Honey from Revolver Brewing