Revolver Blood And Honey | Revolver Brewing

good
Read the review
Revolver Blood And HoneyRevolver Blood And Honey

Revolver Brewing
Texas, United States
revolverbrewing.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Ale brewed with blood orange peels, honey and spices.

Added by Mora2000 on 10-20-2012

1.12/5  rDev -70.2%

1.28/5  rDev -66%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Tastes like read meat simmering in honey.... The blood part of the name does not come from the blood orange peel.... To me it comes from meat blood....
One of the worst beers I have had in my life. I would take a PBR any time over this beer.

1.75/5  rDev -53.5%

1.75/5  rDev -53.5%

1.99/5  rDev -47.1%

Appearance: Floaty chunky bits in my beer! Some of it doesn't really look like protein coagulation, more like bits of herb maybe? Dark bits floating in the hazy yellow glass with heavy carbonation streams feeding a half finger white head.

Smell: Pumpkin pie spices overwhelm any other notes.

Taste: Pumpkin pie, clove spices are firm and again, mask every other flavor. A bit of an orange juice bitterness. A bit of wet grain grit.

Feel: Prickly carbonation, clean finish, a bit of alcoholic burn.

Overall: I don't like solid bits in my beer, I'm going to pour this out. The flavor isn't too bad, and I really like the concept, but there's not enough here to make me want to drink this. I really hope I just got a bad bottle.

2.08/5  rDev -44.7%

Basically okay in a nutshell. This is subjective, of course. This was a fairly plain and slightly over-bitter beer. The first sip had a bite and the aftertaste was a little sour. The beer was lighter than I enjoy, but not altogether bad. I probably wouldn't oppose this if a friend got a six-pack, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it. Being a subjective review, I admit that several of my friends like this one, so I seem to be in the minority among friends. It's just not my personal favorite.

2.32/5  rDev -38.3%

I am a little disappointed. I expected more. still better than Bud but at this price point and ingredients i expected more flavor, more punch more period

2.43/5  rDev -35.4%

Sampled at GABF 2015

Really disappointed in this brew. Slight honey smell, faint honey richness on a sip that lingers for a bit. Sweetness immediately present on first sip. Mouthfeel comparable to an adjunct lager but with honey, and with less carbonation.

Overall, a sad offering from Revolver. Travesty even calling itself a wheat beer, as it demonstrates almost no wheat beer attributes. Only positive thing I can say about it is that its sweetness makes it approachable to non craft beer drinkers.

2.44/5  rDev -35.1%

Reminds me of an Alaska Ale with an orange slice.

2.48/5  rDev -34%

2.5/5  rDev -33.5%

2.5/5  rDev -33.5%

2.56/5  rDev -31.9%

2.68/5  rDev -28.7%

Not a fan of how this tastes which is like some kind of artichoke dip, not the flavor I want in a beer

2.72/5  rDev -27.7%