Revolver Blood And Honey | Revolver Brewing

good
Read the review
Revolver Blood And HoneyRevolver Blood And Honey

Revolver Brewing
Texas, United States
revolverbrewing.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Ale brewed with blood orange peels, honey and spices.

Added by Mora2000 on 10-20-2012

16%

3.38/5  rDev -9.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

4.06/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4

Sipped this good one in front of...what do they call it? TV. Looked pretty just another beer. Smell intrigued me.wow, the taste enveloped my mind. Felt just right.
Now, tell me, isn't that a righteous review of a brew?

3.29/5  rDev -12.3%

3.94/5  rDev +5.1%

4.68/5  rDev +24.8%

I began seeing this beer here in the Texas Panhandle a few months back, so I asked a friend in the Dallas area about it. He insisted that I try it. I poured the first one into a weizen glass, and it produced a nice head. I took a sip and literally was reminded of my mothers thanksgiving ham the year she went crazy with the cloves. YUCK! I did finish it, but only because I paid 11 bucks for the 6 pack. Determined to find out what my friend found so good about this beer, I drank the next one straight from the bottle. WOW! The difference was night and day. From the bottle, the clove taste turned in to the sweet, spicy savor of the blood orange zest and honey. This has now become one of my go-to beers. Don't knock it till you try it straight from the bottle!

3.72/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.75/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Appearance: Large, coarse white head, which, all too soon, fades to scatterings of foam on the surface, with a hazy, golden yellow body, exhibiting quite a bit of particulate. Scattered bits of lacing ring the glass walls.

Aroma: Ripe bananas, sweet apple rind, sweet pears, bready wheat notes, some subtle cloves.

Taste: Opens with classic wheat malt, and grassy hops, soon followed by a wave of light fruit notes, pear, sweet apple, white grapes, and bitter orange. A little coriander and clove appear midway through the taste. Towards the end of the taste, the wheat malt and grassy and herbal hops dominate. Finishes with a long, mildly bitter note, and a hint of sweet wheat malt.

Mouth feel: Quite smooth and full, with just a hint of stinging carbonation for interest.

Drinkability/notes: Very well done, an American Pale Wheat, with attributes of a classic Hefeweizen, Offers much more in character than typical, very well done.

Presentation: Packaged in a standard twelve-ounce brown glass bottle with a pry-off crown, served in a New Belgium Brewing chalice.

3.67/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

4.01/5  rDev +6.9%

This is a very interesting brew. Revolver calls it an "American Ale", but they call several of their beers like that. It's closer to a Wheat Ale with an interesting spin to it.

I'll say from the get go that it's a very good beer but it's not my style. I can have 1 or 2 but it's not something I'd go to.

But nonetheless, people love it. It has a big fan base. I know because I've done promotions for this brew before. To me it's like a Blue Moon but much more robust in flavor. It's a craft beer so it has a kick and got some flavor. Now I am not comparing this to a Blue Moon directly, don't be fooled. It's night and day difference.

It obviously has honey in it, blood orange and some spices. I am bad with identifying spices but most people pick up something like ginger, cinnamon, coriander, etc. It's a very complex craft beer so you just have to be your own judge.

It's very pleasant when it's ice cold. You can definitely feel the wheat ale there, and because it's stronger at 7%, it reminds me of La Fin Du Monde with a Texas spin to it, honey and blood orange, but a little spicy.

It's a good brew but I'd prefer to drink it in colder months. On a good cold Winter day, this is the beer that would hit the spot. But surprisingly it is from Texas. I'd have to wait a long time for that cold weather to indulge in this brew. Sidewinder on the other hand is much closer to a spring/summer brew.

Final thoughts, with this brew you just have to give it a try because it's like nothing else.

4.84/5  rDev +29.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I usually do not care much for darker beers, but I love this beer.

3.76/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Very tasty orange and spice notes, with the spice outweighing the orange. I agree with the review that said you notice the higher gravity in the beer, which is a good thing. However, it is still a very light beer- like one you'd drink after mowing the lawn. A good change of pace from the heavy dark beer I normally drink.

3.24/5  rDev -13.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Draft 22 at Buffalo Wild Wings in Amarillo. Hazy gold color with thin head. Wheat malt aroma with some fruity notes. Definitely a wheat beer but a lot of blood orange, that's it. Highly carbonated so it's like a blood orange soda radler. Solid quaff but nothing special.

Very tastey! Crawfish boil in Dallas.
Again at home...so good!

4.09/5  rDev +9.1%

I like this drop. Prevalent orange with a bit more flavors. Little spicy. Carbonated. Creamy mouth due to foam. A refreshing brew.

3.22/5  rDev -14.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.25

3.75/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.79/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.28/5  rDev -12.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Look - Cloudy yellow brown
Smell - spices a little fruit
Taste - spices, sweet,
Feel - not bad
Overall - I'm an amateur, but reminds me of seasonal you'd find in the fall.

4.15/5  rDev +10.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

First appearance it looks like a typical pale ale with a thick frothy head when poured in a glass.

Taste wise it's nice and crisp with less ignorant an orange taste compared to the common blue moon with a prevalent honey taste.

It's got a hell of a kick and is definetly a solid beer however, 12$ a six pack is too much for this beer.

If you are or you know someone's that lives pale ale's, this is a must try. Solid 4.5

3.25/5  rDev -13.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.5/5  rDev -6.7%