Genesee Bock Beer | Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co.

Genesee Bock BeerGenesee Bock Beer
Liked This Beer
3.46 w/ 313 Ratings
Genesee Bock BeerGenesee Bock Beer

Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co.
New York, United States

Liked:
3.46/5
Alströms:

4.8/5  rDev +38.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

The Genesee Brewing Company did a great job with this.
It's clear not heavy, easy to drink.
Very nice bock at a great price.

I always wait and buy a few cases every year.

4.79/5  rDev +38.4%

Makes me feel young again. I didn't think they made this any more. Back in my college days this was THE beer. It was said to only be made when the barrels were cleaned. What a treat to find it again. I had some Genessee beer a few months ago, also something from my younger days, but it didn't hold up to my memories. This bock beer has exceeded my memories. It holds up to almost any beer I have ever come across - and there have been many. I could truly recommend this beer. Also, quite affordable. Please try and enjoy - in moderation.

Now where is the Holland Brand in the white bottles?

4.75/5  rDev +37.3%

4.63/5  rDev +33.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

4.5/5  rDev +30.1%

4.41/5  rDev +27.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Genesee Bock brewed by Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co. This brew has an ABV of 5.20% The bock pours out a nice light brown color , with a nice off white head. This brew smells, sweet, with grains and malts. You also pick up some hops at the end. The taste is bold with flavor. There is some sweetness .malts, and grains. Genesee Bock has a nice smoothness to it. There is a lot going on in this brew, but there is nothing overpower about it. The mouthfeel is nice and clean. There is nothing bad about the mouthfeel of this brew. I like how smooth this brew goes down. Overall I'm giving this brew a 4.50 out 5. Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co. did a nice job with this one. I would buy this brew again.

4.28/5  rDev +23.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I picked up a 12 pack just to try it (it was cheap, I like cheap beer).
I had no expectations, no knowledge of the beer prior to purchase.
What a nice surprise! Very tasty brew. Goes down smooth. Light, clean finish. I'll buy again.
Nice job Genny!

4.27/5  rDev +23.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Its good
medium dark amber a lot of flavor
this is the best beer from Genesee

4.25/5  rDev +22.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Genesee Bock Beer | Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co. Poured from the can into a pint glass, the head is three fingers thick, with spotty lacing, and a clear reddish brown body.

I smell hearty grains and full-bodied malts.

Tastes like a slightly sweet version of the smell. Very quenching.

Medium-light mouthfeel with mild carbonation.

I'll rate Genesee Bock Beer | Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co. with a 4.25.

4.25/5  rDev +22.8%

Pours copper brown from a 12oz czn. Nice 1/2 inch head that fades to a 1/8 inch head that stays, with lots of lacing. Smells of sweet bread and malts.Taste is malty and fruity and has a nice kiss of hops!
A very flavorful bock to say the least.
It has a great feel in your mouth and is very refreshing. This Bock is really surpprising and really good. I give it an overal of 4. give this one a try when you can, you will like it at a nice price of $15.00 for a case of cans.

4.25/5  rDev +22.8%

Reviewed from notes. Enjoyed many times now formally reviewed for the first time. Poured from 12oz can into dimpled glass mug. Pours a rich but bubbly mahogany color with a nice half inch thick head. Taste of malt is good and present throughout but never heavy thanks to the carbonation before finishing crisp and clean. This is a good bock for the price and a style I wish I could get year round especially this one as the price for a 12 is great and good as a session. Probably my favorite from Genesee next to the more common Genesee Cream Ale. Solid bock beer for the price and surprisingly not watery...the can artwork is also great, once referred to as "grandma beer" by a Bud Light drinking party goer who saw me drinking the "funny" cans

4.2/5  rDev +21.4%

A dark, clear, deep amber with a touch of ruby red. Looks great but the head faded quickly to a thin "topping" of foam. It's a very light version of a "German Bock"...think American Lager vs. German Helles and you'll get the idea. Sweetish with a touch of caramelized malt. Hops? Not so much. Compared to a great German/Craft bock, well, you might not even think it's a bock beer, it's that light(for a real bock). But-as a session beer this is great stuff! Not heavy but definitely not to be confused with Bud, Miller,PBR ect. Upstate NY it costs less than $7 a 12 pack. All things considered I'd drink this as a year round beer. To bad it only hangs out for a few weeks a year!

Glad Genny kept the original artwork on the can too. Very Retro & cool!

Now...if they would only bring back "12 Horse Ale"

4.18/5  rDev +20.8%

This can be a tricky little bugger. When I poured my first can, I quickly realized that it's very eager to get out of the can and into a glass, and it can foam up on you very suddenly if you're not careful. When poured properly, you're treated to a beautiful amber basin, topped with a good finger and a half of head. The best way I can describe the smell is "beer bread", as the stuff I bake smells just like this. The taste is very much on the malty side, with a hint of caramel in there to perk things up. The mouthfeel isn't overwhelmingly thick, but it's got more body than I would have expected.

For about 50 cents a can, this stuff is an absolute steal. World class beer? Not really. But it's leaps and bounds better than anything I've ever tasted in its price range, which means when I need to think about how much I've got in my wallet while shopping for beer, this is sure to come to mind time and time again.

4.16/5  rDev +20.2%

Enjoyed with RTB co-founder on 6/6/11

A - Copper colored, dark, but relatively clear with a small, almost negligible, off-white head and no lacing.

S - Subtle nose on this one. Get a slight smoky and even fainter caramel, but not noticeable at all unless you're really working. Slight malt, but really pretty non-existent.

T - Smooth. Tastes like a light beer incognito as a dark beer. Great drinkability considering its great value. I could drink this beer all night no problem. Very easygoing.

M - Medium to full bodied. Very light carbonation keeps this refreshingly brisk and smooth. Lends itself to great drinkability.

O - REALLY enjoyed this beer. Interesting enough that it's worth your while, and the fact that you can get it at 67 cents a can really makes this a worthy investment. A truly great value beer. Also, the robust, portly character of the can with an almost comedic decoration adds to the fun that this beer proffers.

4.13/5  rDev +19.4%

Aaaahhh...a sure sign of spring coming: stacks of Genny Bock 12 packs at our Wegmans supermarkets.

Pours a dark amber color with a one inch head. Lacing remains to the last sip. Smells of caramel and malt. Taste is slightly sweet and at the same time some hops show through! Light carbonation that you feel on the tongue, but don't see in the pour. Very smooth going down. Finishes dry. Easy to drink large quantities of these!

Worth waiting for. Unfortunately, Genesee keeps the Bock season way too short.

Genesee Bock Beer from Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 29.4% out of 100 with 313 ratings