Half Full Bright Ale | Half Full Brewery

Half Full Bright AleHalf Full Bright Ale

Half Full Brewery
Connecticut, United States

Style: American Blonde Ale

Half Full’s gateway beer is a crisp and refreshing Blonde/Pale Ale hybrid that is perfect for any palate. This unfiltered beer has a light body and a citrusy grapefruit aroma, making it sessionable and approachable – the perfect year round offering for whenever you feel like living in the moment.

17.7 IBU

Added by KTCamm on 02-15-2013

Reviews: 10 | Ratings: 83
Reviews by JuliusCaesar:

4.53/5  rDev +37.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

3.6/5  rDev +9.4%

4.48/5  rDev +36.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

A: A very light yellow color, fairly clear, but has nice lacing and head. I usually like my beer with more substantial coloring, so I was a little put off in the beginning, only to be pleasantly surprised for what came next.

S: A nice citrusy smell, picking up hints of grapefruit? I hesitate to use refreshing because that's what i want to use for the taste, but yeah, it made me feel alive...

T: What surprised me about this beer was the taste. As aforementioned, I like colorful beers. I was expecting a mellow-bland taste, and was surprised with a rich (but clean) fresh taste that had just a little bit of hop, just enough to add backbone. Has a totally refreshing taste that really excites me

M: Wasn't overwhelmed by this beers mouthfeel, but I'm also not disappointed. I thought it would be crisp to the point of blandniss, but instead it has a nice clean finish. It again surprised me and so left me feeling very satisfied.

O: This is a great beer. I ended up having a few pints of it, and was very happy I encountered this beer. I look forward to trying Half Full's other beers (love the name by the way). As a side note, I just tried this in December, and while I liked it, I can't wait to take it out on the course with me this summer. Cheers indeed!

3.92/5  rDev +19.1%

Served on tap at Bar Q in Stamford. Served in a shaker pint glass.

Poured hazy yellow with some white foam. Light lacing. Appears to be unfiltered. The nose is mostly citrus, on the light side. Notes of grapefruit evident as well. Taste is smooth and crisp, a nice citrus lemon in the open with an easy going body. Goes down quite easy. Flavorful and approachable.

Overall, this is a solid beer, and I look forward to trying others from this new CT area brewery.

2.91/5  rDev -11.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

3.74/5  rDev +13.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

My 100th review.
On Tap at Backstage EDL in Torrington, CT.

Bright Ale indeed. This blonde is straw yellow in color with a thin white head. Hazy.

Very mild aroma of faint hops. Clean.

Taste is also mild. Some grassiness. Hops in the finish. Gentle grainy malt.

Overall a very quaffable ale. Goes down really easy.

3.3/5  rDev +0.3%

3.53/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

2.75/5  rDev -16.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.77/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.25/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Half Full Bright Ale from Half Full Brewery