Vanilla Noir | Prairie Artisan Ales

Prairie Artisan Ales
Oklahoma, United States
prairieales.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Vanilla Noir is Prairie Noir aged on organic, fair trade vanilla beans, and let’s just say it takes a lot of beans! The vanilla flavor compliments the whiskey barrel aging process and adds a delicious layer to the beer.

Added by HopsMatt on 12-11-2013

This beer was nothing short of phenomenal. I wasn't sure how good this beer would be, I was pretty pumped for it and hoping it would live up to the delicious vanilla hype that I had read from so many others.... and it did! I haven't had a chance to try VR, but this is one of my top stouts of all time. I need to find a way to get my hands on more!

Just poured a glass of the 2nd batch & it is delicious. No hint of sourness or infection like the 1st batch. A very tasty & complex brew.

Should have bought more of these when I had the chance. Very underrated vanilla beer. Great taste, and smell. Next to vanilla rye, this is my favorite.

Poured from a bottle on 8/28 into a Prairie Teku

A: Pours a pitch black. Head is the color of Chocolate milk

S: Hints of vanilla abound with your typical stout -like aromas of coffee and chocolate. Great smelling beer

T: Vanilla tones with a slight whiskey taste. Hints of oak

M: Great big body, heavy mouth feel and medium carbonation.

O: Great beer. Maybe even my favorite as of this first tasting of it. Definitely ISO another bottle. Heard some were infected, glad my wasn't.

4.99/5  rDev +20.2%

L: Pours a thick midnight black with a tan head that fades fairly quickly leaving a halo around the glass.

S: Big vanilla and bourbon on the nose with hints of dark chocolate.

T: Big Vanilla Bourbon Fudge Brownie

F: Rich devils food cake decadence with just the perfect amount of sweetness.

O: This is one of my favorite stouts. Almost on the same level as VR. Definitely worth trying.

4.98/5  rDev +20%

This beer pours dark with a carmel head that dissipates eventually. It's beautiful and almost has a dark, dark, mahogany color when held to the light.

The smell is unbelievable with vanilla, chocolate, and a roasted note coming through.

The beer coats your mouth and is very smooth. You get a hit of chocolate and vanilla up front and the whiskey starts to set in as the beer finishes.

I have enjoyed a few of these and find myself enjoying them more each time I have one. The perfect stout.

4.95/5  rDev +19.3%

Got a couple bottles of this and very glad I did. Here goes, reviewing this while I'm drinking it.

A - motor oil, looks just like it (dark and black; the natural motor oil, not the synthetic stuff)

S - vanilla! And whiskey right on the front of the nose; the roasted malt character of the stout is also present. As it warms, the vanilla becomes very prevalent, taking over the whiskey.

T - again, vanilla! and whiskey, also some coffee and oak, but I think this is more of the stout roasted malt character.

M - just right for the style, thick but too much so.

O - a very well done imperial stout that has been aged in oak whiskey barrels with vanilla beans. I wasn't sure when I picked this up just how much vanilla would be present in the beer, but it is there! If you like vanilla, whiskey, and oak, you're going to love this. As the beer warms, the vanilla becomes more present and takes over the whiskey to a certain extent, but I like that. Overall, a great beer.

4.94/5  rDev +19%

Usually an IPA guy....I'll actively seek out this beer.

4.93/5  rDev +18.8%