Slush

Jun 10, 2019
SCORE
Very Good
SlushSlush
Notes: Sour ale with strawberry and raspberry puree. Finished with fresh lemon and lime zest.
View: More Beers
Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.

3.84 by 22Blue from Kansas on Mar 09, 2022
3.84/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75
by laketang from Arizona

Pours a grapefruit color with no head retention.
Smells of ripe fruits, raspberries with some underlying funk.
Strawberry first, the tart raspberry comes thru.
Tartness is right there. Good pucker.
Tartness was not too much. Good sipper here.

Feb 20, 2022

4 by ajdemma from New York on Jul 10, 2021

3.75 by atlbravsrno1 from New Hampshire on Jun 20, 2021

3.9 by fehrminator from North Carolina on Jun 12, 2021
4.18/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75
by jpbrooklyn from New Jersey

Simply put, I’m not a sour fan. I can count on one hand the sours I’ll buy before a great IPA. However, summertime shifts my palate a bit and the heat vibes and beach/lake times require that lighter but flavorful twang twist of pucker-up juice. This creation is perfect—there’s almost a malty touch behind the major notes that lend this a bit of bisquityness that cuts the lime/raspberry tartness and lifts the strawberry. Love this beer a LOT and I pray I find enough the next 3 months to get me through.

Jun 09, 2021

4.23 by entenduintransit from Tennessee on May 02, 2021
4.37/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
by Weisenbeer from Ohio

Wow! What a great Sour! The nose hits you right in the, well, the nose. Bursting with fun flavors and just the right amount of pucker. Great summer brew.

Apr 25, 2021
by wac9 from Pennsylvania

Very good

Apr 24, 2021
4.7/5  rDev +20.2%
by Herbnxplorer from California

I never considered myself a huge beer fan but I realized I've just never gotten the right beers. THIS is a perfect example, and this one is currently my DOC. Don't expect a perfect conossuier review from me as I just go with how it is simply. Any beer snobs I suggest head to the next review. (Seriously, don't cause yourself the stress)

currently my favorite, this beer pours a reddish-gold-brown color. My palate isn't advanced enough to notice much of the smell, to me it comes off as wheat-metallic funk. Taste comes on as an immediate *pop* to the tastebuds with sour lemon, and settles into the perfectly named slush of lime, raspberries and strawberries until the lemon and lime make their way back into the aftertaste that mellows out and turns into a sweet-wheaty and lightly mettalic resident.

Definitely not your average sour, the sour and sweet fruity flavors cover up the alcohol, and most of the Wheat flavor. If you want refreshing, reminiscent of a real fruit slushee on a hot day, this is the one! Great for hanging in the backyard after a hot day, sharing with friends (even the ones who claim they HATE beer, I'd bet they'd at least say it's "actually drinkable tbh") and pulling out after a long hike in the dense wilderness as you're setting up camp or ready to grill some food (last one is kind of specific, but it was PERFECT with the vibe there, felt like no other drink could fit as perfectly in that moment as this)

I know I'm hyping this up, and excuse my lack of professional lingo, but I couldn't help but leave my .02c on this one. If you come across it, it's worth a try.

Apr 18, 2021

4.06 by Jonathan-Morgan from Florida on Apr 11, 2021

4.28 by Jnf25 from New York on Mar 28, 2021
2.96/5  rDev -24.3%
by IPAs_for_days_13 from Texas

Pours rosé in color with a light pink head that doesn't last very long. Smells of raspberry, lemonade, strawberry. Taste is very acidic, like wow this beer is super tart. Light-medium bodied, moderate carbonation, crisp. 10/10 on the can design though.

Mar 12, 2021

3.96 by Luckydog91 from Texas on Mar 05, 2021
3.34/5  rDev -14.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25
by lordofthewiens from New Mexico

A dark pink color with a light pink, rapidly disappearing head.
Sweet fruit aroma.
Taste of strawberry and raspberry.
Slightly tart.
Not fruity enough, not tart enough.

Feb 28, 2021

4 by j0hnnycakes from Texas on Feb 27, 2021

3.74 by 10Crumra from Texas on Feb 14, 2021

3.98 by dubnation from Kansas on Jan 30, 2021

4.03 by OregonGrown7 from Oregon on Jan 28, 2021
3.78/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5
by Tony210 from New Jersey

Pours a slightly cloudy medium pink color with a big fizzy head that quickly fizzled out. Very nice strawberry aroma. Starts out with a decent tart / sourness, I get the mix of raspberry and strawberry. The lemon and lime kinda throw it off a bit and I feel is unnecessary. Carbonation is a bit overdone, sourness is moderate. Overall an ok fruited sour, not my favorite.

1/5/21
12 oz can dated 12/11/20
3.5 rating

Jan 05, 2021
2.11/5  rDev -46%
by WalmartLover3000 from Arizona

I don’t know much about beer. I probably don’t even like most beers. But this beer was terrible. (For an unrefined uncultured palate such as mine at least) It tasted like rotten fruit. I could get a little of the fruitiness and sour while it goes down but I had to make a point to block out all the unpleasantness, and then I’d still get hit with a foul aftertaste. The wife was also not a fan. Cool looking label at least

Dec 08, 2020

3.9 by kmanjohnson from California on Nov 14, 2020

4 by a77cj7 from South Dakota on Nov 12, 2020
3.99/5  rDev +2%
by zeff80 from Missouri

12oz can. Poured out a clear, reddish color with a small, off-white head of foam. It left minimal lacing. It smelled of berries, lemon and some caramel. Sweet raspberry, blackberry and tart lemon taste. Some caramel sweetness with a sharp, snappy finish.

Oct 03, 2020

3.99 by desint from Belgium on Oct 01, 2020

4.28 by Hendry from Vermont on Sep 25, 2020
4.29/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25
by rex_4539 from Greece

L: Hazy amber color, quarter finger white head, minimal thin lacing, no visible carbonation.

S: Sour, strawberry, raspberry. Smells wonderful.

T: Sour, strawberry, raspberry, lemon. Tasty!

F: Medium bodied, nicely flavored.

O: Excellent sour.