Patches Treat

Rated:
Jul 07, 2023
Added:
Feb 19, 2023
Sour Ale with sour gummy candy.
View: More Beers
Recent ratings and reviews.
Reviewed by TheSixthRing from California

3.84/5  rDev +1.1%
Canned 03/21/23

Appearance - Pours a gloomy green, almost like natural absinthe, with a near finger width, off-white head. Settles down in fair time, leaving behind a thin, broken layer of suds with a thick ring encircling the edge. Some broken webbing, patches and small spots.

Smell - More sour than tart; sugary undertones.

Taste - Follows the nose. Citrus sourness with less discernible sugared-fruit tartness and sweetness. In layman's terms, it's Sour Patch Kids candy in beer form, from start to finish. I don't know how to better describe it.

Mouthfeel - Light-to-medium in body with tingly carbonation. Quick to dry, leaving a sticky, sugary coating on the lips and tongue.

Overall - They went for a sour patch kids flavored beer and I think they achieved it. Sour but with that underlying sugary sweetness. Well done, but I'm one and done on this. Gimmicky beers are becoming old hat, and this one kinda rubs me the wrong way. I don't need beers that taste like tasty but super terrible-for-you candy; beer is bad enough already, haha.
Jul 07, 2023

Mar 09, 2023
Reviewed by WeissDavis from Georgia

3.74/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 3 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75
I solemnly sware to give this beer a more complete review if I can catch it at a later date when I have more time, but I had to at least write that I love how it has the smell and taste of a sour patch-like candy without being cloyingly sweet.
Also, love the art on the can and the limited color palette of the label.
Thanks again, PAA, I'll be back for more.
Mar 05, 2023