Saison Doug

Notes:
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 10 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
StArnoldFan from Texas

3.28/5  rDev -13.9%

Not dry enough and tastes a bit soapy. I’ve had much better saisons and will not be buying this one a 2nd time.
They still have a home run with Yellow Rose, and I wish they would get away from these stupid 500ml bottles and offer it in cans.

Sep 11, 2021
gvickery from Texas

4.33/5  rDev +13.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Hazy golden orange color. Dense white head that lingers like a half inch of whipped cream. Smell is overripe fruit, bubble gum, barnyard, old leather, very complex. I’m sure it’ll smell different for everyone.
Taste is similar to the smell. There’s a fairly sharp bitterness for the style, but I think it offsets the sweetness of the malt perfectly. The barnyard quality includes some lanolin, hay, maybe apricot. There’s a lot of floral qualities I assume are from some noble hops. (Hallertau blanc)? There’s some pine resin as well so maybe some west coast hops like cascade. It has a very dry finish, a little different from other Saisons I’ve had. I know they are supposed to be dry and refreshing, but I’ve always found them to be light but semi-dry.
It’s very nice, I hope I’ve described it good enough for you to give it a try.

Aug 28, 2021
puck1225 from Texas

4.02/5  rDev +5.5%

Had this beer poured from tap into a tulip glass. Golden yellow color with good white head and excellent curtain lacing. The taste of this beer is a dry bitter funkiness that I like. The finish on the beer includes some lime and herbal notes. Overall, I think this beer would get even more interesting with some aging.

Aug 22, 2021
BroBobby70 from Texas

3.33/5  rDev -12.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

16.9 oz. poured into Imperial Ale glass
Look: 3 finger creamy head, cloudy golden color, nice lacing
Smell: Aggressive, hints of sweetness
Taste: Bitter and creamy, sour, head tastes sweet, like honey or fruit, bitterness hangs around after swallowing. Dry finish.
Feel: Creamy, carbonation is not very strong.
Overall: An excellent representation of the style. Not my personal cup of tea, but those who like the style should enjoy it.
Pair with roast, fatty fish, curries.

Aug 14, 2021