Yellow Rose | The Lone Pint Brewery

The Lone Pint Brewery
Texas, United States
lonepint.com

Style: American IPA

Formerly Pioneer Yellow Rose until it was made year-round.

A SMaSH, Single Malt and Single Hop, IPA using a caboodle (technical term for a large amount of malt) of malt and a new hop released in 2012 called Mosaic (HBC 369). It is a daughter of Simcoe (YCR 14), one of our favorite hops. Whole cone Mosaic is used for bittering, flavoring, and aroma in the kettle; it is also massively dry hopped. The beer is named after a Texas Heroine.

Tasting notes: chalk-white head with a very clean malt backbone. The hops impart strong grapefruit, pineapple, and blueberry flavor and aroma. A strong beer that is extremely quaffable.

Added by champ103 on 04-30-2013

#241
Liked:
4.41/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,731 |  Reviews: 247

On tap at The Shack in Cypress TX. I had just had a Firestone Walker Union Jack and told my server we might as well shift gears and try a stout or something because I knew he wouldn't be able to bring me an IPA that I liked better. He asked me if I had had a Yellow Rose and when I said "no", he twisted my arm a little and I said "bring it on", though I doubted it would be as good as he said. Beautiful color and head and a nose that is amazing. The hops flavors explode in my mouth like fireworks. Now THAT is an IPA. Very pine-y but grapefruit as well. Definitely some dank, earthy notes around the edges. Perfect balance, perfect carbonation...this is just about perfection for me. Never rated a beer a perfect 5 but what part of this masterpiece isn't perfect? And it's all from one malt and one hop... amazing!

It's got a great golden hay color.

Huge sweet grapefruit, big peach, orange peel, and a slight basil flower on the nose.

Big burst of mosaic hops up front, but submits to the malt on the finish. It finishes dry, but it's not bitter like most IPA's.

I love the big, bold, massive IPA's and DIPA's, but this is probably one of the most enjoyable IPA's I've ever had. I simply want to drink as much of it as possible.

Really a phenomenal beer all around. It's amazing this brewery that just started is making something superior. A tremendous achievement for Lone Pint. I hope they start entering this in the big competitions to bring it the awards it deserves.

Yellow Rose - The Lone Pint Brewery
IPA
6.8% ABV

APPEARANCE: Poured a gorgeous yellow rose petal steeped tea. As the pint glass fills it starts showing some dark straw color, with a nice amount of haziness. A big billowy cloud white head that's made up of tightly packed small bubbles. Great retention, this beer looks awesome.

AROMA: As I'm pouring the aroma of this ipa is jumping out of the glass at me. Such a great nose, like Violet Beauregard laying on a bed of flower petals eating fresh cut pineapple. Very sweet, juicy and inviting. Not much of a malt presence as of yet.

TASTE: First sip, mind blown Kaboom! Fresh picked perfectly ripe fruits, juicy pineapple, succulent peaches, plump blueberries, some nice melon notes swirling around. Small amount of pine that brings along with it some very subtle bitterness. Biscuity, toast maltiness that really takes a back seat to the delicious hop flavors. No alcohol detected at all, scary easy to drink. I wish this came in super big gulp cups.

MOUTHFEEL: Light plus body with medium carbonation. Clean, crisp with a dry lingering finish.

OVERALL: As of right now, this is my favorite single IPA. It was amazing, every aspect hit for me. I could drink this all day every day big thanks to @grantotx for this bottle even though I'll be begging him for more now! If you can find this or trade for it, do it. I'm really trying to not throw 5's out as easy but this one is damn close.

RATING: 4.9/5 Zombie Heads!

One of few beers aptly named. Beautiful SMASH IPA. Tropical fruits on the nose paired with light, crackers pislne yeast. Taste is full blown tropical fruit. Mango, papaya, pineapple galore. Quite possibly the best beer in Texas and quite possibly be best IPA ever.

Yellow Rose from The Lone Pint Brewery