Budweiser Budvar | Budějovický Budvar, n.p.

good
Read the review
Budweiser BudvarBudweiser Budvar

Budějovický Budvar, n.p.
Czech Republic
budvar.cz

Style: Czech Pilsener

Exported to the US as Czechvar.

Added by grdahl on 06-22-2001

Ratings: 1,417 |  Reviews: 776

1.25/5  rDev -65.4%

1.28/5  rDev -64.5%

Really? I must have drank something completely different than those rating this beer highly because this was by far the worst beer I have ever had

clear look

smells like cat piss

tastes like it smells

with an unimpressive feel to it why even bother to describe it

I couldnt even finish a bottle. luckily my friend found this import to be a delicacy so he reimbursed me for the garbage 6 pack that is supposedly beer

1.32/5  rDev -63.4%

Have you ever canned tomatoes? If you have, you should be familiar with the smell and flavor tomatoes have when cooked. This beer had an overwhelmingly strong odor and taste of spicy stewed tomatoes. It was too strong to drink. I know this is not normal for this beer from the other reviews of it I have read (and the style doesn't allow for many strong flavors), but it was only days past the Best By date and had been stored in a refrigerator. It should have still been good. There was also some floating particles in the beer which I also assume is not normal, Pilsners typically being filtered. I will come back and rerate, but I've been told by some fellow raters that I should take this beer into account for my rating.

1.49/5  rDev -58.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

1.68/5  rDev -53.5%

Well I guess I got a bad bottle, or this beer is vastly overrated. A dry metallic aftertaste. Medium hops and carbonation. Maybe it was the green bottle, I got it for my collection and I'm glad I only bought one.

1.75/5  rDev -51.5%

Picked up this green 12oz bottle as a x-mas gift.

Off the pour the aroma of skunk is potent, not welcoming at all. Color is a golden transparent yellow, producing a 1'' white head, quick to dissipate, leaving a thin collar.

Aroma is of the spraying skunk found in the woods. Unfortunately I do not have any tomato sauce to line my nostrils with.

Taste is also laced with this peculiar unpleasant skunk taste. Mixing with mild grains and bready yeast.
Mouthfeel is thin and watery full of biting carbonation.

No pleasant.

1.83/5  rDev -49.3%

A: 12 oz bottle, light honey color, medium amount of head, gone quickly

S: not a very pleasing aroma, almoxt skunkish

T/M: average carbonation, with a light body, taste not much better than the smell.

D: i was surprised that this may be a bud product as it was not very good in any aspect

2.01/5  rDev -44.3%

Beer pours pale and quite average. Aroma is immediately skunky, like Heineken but without the kick. Taste is metallic, bright and grassy but the skunk is almost overpowering. The mouthfeel is tolerable at best, kind of a thinly veiled lager if you will. Drinkability is better than expected given the mild aftertaste even considering the "skunkiness" of this beer. Not recommended.

2.03/5  rDev -43.8%

A - Poured a pale yellow, small white head that did not last long.

S - Skunky

T - Not like the smell, slight hint of hops, bitter, stale ceral grains, not an enticing flavor.

M - Watery

D - Light, but not enjoyable. No flavor.

Overall - Not recommended.

Budweiser Budvar from Budějovický Budvar, n.p.