Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

Style: Cream Ale

Added by bsuedekum on 03-14-2014

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 13
3.79/5  rDev -12.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Very nice balanced and drinkable chile beer, the heat not overpowering. On tap at the source.fuller mouthfeel. Mild aroma. AZ is a good chile beer town.

Like liquid hatch chile cornbread. The base cream ale is fantastic, and this one amps it up with a good dose of smoky hatch chiles. Not for everyone, but definitely for me!

(Update: Up to now, I've had one 5.0 rated beer. It was Firestone Walker's 805. I feel like 5.0 beers are ones that trascend rating, really, and move into something deeply personal. I would never expect anyone to rate 805 or this beer a 5.0, but, well, for me they are. They transcend something. They are satisfying in a way almost no beer is to me. The description above is still right on -- lovely hints of corn, smoky hatch chiles that pop up with exquisite flavor but only light heat in the finish. I would drink this by the bucket if they let me. I dunno. I just love it. And I'm giving it a 5.)

Hatch Cream Ale from McFate Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.