Road 2 Ruin | Two Roads Brewing Company

Two Roads Brewing Company
Connecticut, United States
tworoadsbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

A big, hoppy IPA with plenty of bite! Our assertive, hop-centric Double IPA has a lean malt backdrop and is brewed with four American hop varieties – Summit, Palisade, Cascade and Magnum. Piney, citrus, floral, not-for-the-timid!

Added by alexgash on 12-21-2012

Ratings: 1,134 |  Reviews: 170

Quite possibly the best IPA I've ever had. A must try.

Favorite everyday beer

One of the best IPAs I have ever tasted if not THE best. Hoppy and fruity, yet on the light side. Update...the gf and I both did a blind taste test and both choose this beer over Hedy topper by the slimmest ....and I mean slimmest of margins. Later found out from the bartender that this a contract beer from Lawsons finest liquids...no wonder it tastes so darn good. The people rating this beer clearly do not know a good ipa when they taste one. They must be budweiser fans.

4.98/5  rDev +27%

My favorite IPA! Super tasty and bold. CT brews all the way!

4.9/5  rDev +25%

4.89/5  rDev +24.7%

4.89/5  rDev +24.7%

Although, it is not a Heady or a Sip of Sunshine, it is a close 2nd and a very worthy DIPA !!

4.84/5  rDev +23.5%

4.83/5  rDev +23.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 5

Absolutely love this double ipa the brewery is local to me and enjoy it on a daily basis with no complaints

4.8/5  rDev +22.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

I really liked this one. It was similar in many ways to Melvin Brewing's 2x4. I only had one bottle in a restaurant somewhere in rural CT. Very enjoyable, a nice balance between hops and malt, and it did not taste overly hot or alcoholic.

4.78/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Probably my newest favorite beer, although I have been drinking it for well over a year now. Locally we have been seeing very fresh bottlings on the shelves. (30-40 days old) and the flavor increases greatly because of it.

Not boozy at all, but the high abv is definitely there after a few are knocked back. Pairs well with Highland Park 10yr SMS.

Bear with me here, as we don't get a huge selection of West Coast IPA in my neck of the woods, so I can't compare to Pliny or the like, but these "fresh bottlings" definitely boost this DIPA from my top 5 IPA's to #1, over the likes of Flower Power, Hop Stoopid, and Dogfish 90min IPA, and leaves anything I've had from Sierra Nevada in the dust. BUT...bottle date matters with this brand...anything outward of hitting the 90 day mark and it's back down to just average.

30 day mark and I'm picking up more than just run of the mill citrus...getting some mango up front and the crispness factor doubles IMO.

4.77/5  rDev +21.7%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Thin for a stout and very hoppy. Bold taste with a strong aftertaste. Very good.

4.77/5  rDev +21.7%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Very good beer, good color, smell and flavor

4.76/5  rDev +21.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.76/5  rDev +21.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A beer that took me by surprise with a great flavor and a kick with the alcohol.

Road 2 Ruin from Two Roads Brewing Company