Kim Hibiscus Sour Lagrrr! | SingleCut Beersmiths

Kim Hibiscus Sour Lagrrr!Kim Hibiscus Sour Lagrrr!

SingleCut Beersmiths
New York, United States

Style: Berliner Weissbier

Availability: Summer

It’s hot baby, we needed to do something - so a sour lagrr! infused with hibiscus (and black currants, but who’s counting) seemed like something that would help beat the heat.

Added by jerrytodd on 08-04-2013

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Reviews: 28 | Ratings: 176
4.33/5  rDev +8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

So, from the dudes at Singlecut, this is "pretty much" a Berliner Weisse, in a kinda sorta way.

Pinkish hue on a golden colored brew. Flavor is superb, and I am not throwing that word around lightly. The level of sour here is so perfectly even-keeled and level, I can't really think of a better way for it to go. Light hibiscus tones don't get obnoxious at all. Drinks beautifully. This is one of the best beers I have had in a very long time. I am a fan of the sours, and I will try a Berliner Weisse anytime, but I feel I am not being biased in saying that this is an extremely good beer, mostly due to its smooth tone and that it's put together evenly, without trying to be obnoxious or over the top.

Glad I went out of my way for this one. +1 redemption point for an otherwise lame and too quick of a trip back to NYC.

4.5/5  rDev +12.2%

The perfect summer sour lager.

Had this in the Single Cut tap room over the weekend and it was crisp, dry, refreshing, SOUR and just all-around wonderful.

The color was rose, mesmerizing in fact. I swear if you changed the glassware to a skinny flute-glass you'd think you were drinking champagne. In my opinion this is a very good thing.

The Single Cut reputation has been that of hearty, hoppy, thumping your chest lagers and ales. And in my experience those beers so far have been pretty successful. But I think Kim Sour Lagrrr is a little bit of a game-changer, showing some versatility from this brewery and their willingness to change gears when need be.

4.52/5  rDev +12.7%

Had this at the brewery... t'was perfect on a nice summer day on the patio.

A: Gorgeous deep pink color with high carbonation

S: Hibiscus, sweet citrus (apparently it also has black currents in it) and faint sour malt.

T: An excellent blend of all the above - everything nicely balanced and not over the top

M: Thin and mildly fizzy, just right

O: This was a huge surprise by a brewery I'm more and more impressed by each day. Viva Queens yo!!

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last