Bourbon Wood-Aged Old Man's Old Ale | Rip Current Brewing

Style: Old Ale

Added by notchucknorris on 03-21-2014

Reviews by notchucknorris:
3.27/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Rip Current was giving these out at their 1st anniversary party. Hopefully this means they'll be bottling more beers soon!

A: Pours a dark hazy brown color with a one finger tan head. Not great retention, but looks good.

S: A loooot of oak going on. Maybe some toffee and caramel in there as well, but I can't get past the oak too much.

T: I really enjoyed the other beers I've had from these guys, but this isn't my cup of tea. Like licking an oak cube. There's a touch of spiciness and some booze, but beyond that, I'm getting nothing but oak off this. Nothing that would lead me to believe this is an old ale. Kind of tastes like a weak brown served through a Randall of oak chips. I'll buy anything these guys bottle, but they should probably not bottle this again.

3.5/5  rDev +4.2%

3.33/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

4.16/5  rDev +23.8%

3.9/5  rDev +16.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Bourbon Wood-Aged Old Man's Old Ale from Rip Current Brewing