Freak Of Nature DIPA | Wicked Weed Brewing

Wicked Weed Brewing
North Carolina, United States
wickedweedbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

The Freak of Nature is our San Francisco inspired hoppy monster. At 8% abv and who knows how many ibu’s, this beer is our shrine to the Hop. Absurd amounts of the big West Coast hops gives this beer its citrusy, weedy nose and big, dank flavor. We dry hop with 48lbs per batch, which is over 3lbs of hops per barrel. In keeping with the classic style of the West Coast double, sugar plays a large part in creating this dry and minimally bitter double IPA. The Freak is particularly pintable for the style, so if you dare to enter, we welcome you to the Freak Show.

Added by brewdude1982 on 02-16-2013

Ratings: 1,343 |  Reviews: 185

"Freak of Nature" is absolutely phenomenal. This beer is one of "if" not the smoothest double IPA's I've ever had.

Smell : Hop forward on the nose.
Tasting notes : Grapefruit, Mango, Pineapple, Caramel, Wheat & a slight hint of orange juice hitting the back end of my throat.

The only problem with this beer is that I can't get it in my state. Hoping these guys start shipping to Virginia soon.

How can I possibly be turning in the first 5 score for this amazing beer?

For some reason I was disappointed in this at first--I think because I was feeling the pain of paying $6 for a 500 ml beer. But I was wrong, oh so wrong, this is easily the best IPA in the South and compares with the best IPAs anywhere.

Many Freaks later and I can barely drink any other beer. I am hooked on Freak's complex, herbal/fruity/weedy flavors and absolutely perfect dry but not too dry mouthfeel. In comparison, other beers now all taste thin or simple or unnatural.

The Pliny of the Southeast. Spectacular.

Incredible DIPA. Hopheads only apply.

Freak Of Nature DIPA from Wicked Weed Brewing