Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale | Coors Brewing Company

3.1

Ratings: 2,730 |  Reviews: 735
4.5/5  rDev +45.2%

4.47/5  rDev +44.2%

I read last year Blue Moon (Coors) was redoing their pumpkin ale and rename it Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale rather then the Harvest Moon.

This new one would have wheat and taste more of a pumpkin pie.

I always though the older one was rather bland. This one right off the bat taste like pumpkin pie. I can taste the pumpkin and spices. This is not Dogfish Punk but for a mass made beer, this one taste damn good for a pumpkin brew.

4.44/5  rDev +43.2%

I tried my first pumpkin ale out of the bottle. I thought it was horrible. Later I tried it again, but I poured it into my glass. I suddenly became impressed.

This is brewed owned by Coors? I can't believe they could make a beer this nice. It has a nice amber body and a white creamy head. It has a subtle aroma, but it is a terrific aroma of pumpkin spices. The flavor jumps out a lot more in the glass as did the aroma. This is my first pumpkin brew and I think it is pretty good. I will definitely be looking for this beer every fall.

4.37/5  rDev +41%

I think this is a great beer. I can't think of a Blue Moon beer I don't like, and I think that this seasonal is really something special. It is rich, complex, and unique. The pumpkin is subtle, yet still present, and the spices make it a real tasty beer.

4.35/5  rDev +40.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Description on the neck of the bottle is spot on. You cannot miss the pumpkin, nutmeg, and cloves. Not overwhelming pumpkin thankfully. Well balanced between the flavors. Very nice on a cool and crisp autumn evening.

look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale brewed by Coors Brewing Company. This Pumpkin Ale has an ABV of 5.70% Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale pours out of the bottle, a nice light brown color with an off white head. The smell is rich with pumpkin and spices. You also pick up on some grains and sweetness in the smell of this brew. At first the the taste is bold with flavor. This Pumpkin Ale puts you in mind set of pumpkin pie. There is a lot going on in this brew. A lot of bold flavor with a nice clean finish. Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale , has a real super nice balance to it, there is nothing overpowering about this brew. The mouthfeel is nice bold and clean , and refreshing. Nothing bad to say about this brew. Over all I'm giving this brew a 4.25 out of 5. Coors Brewing Company did a nice job with this one. I would buy this brew again.

4.3/5  rDev +38.7%

This Pumpkin ale poured a beautiful amber orange color with a thick foamy head that dissipates into a nice thin head for the remainder of the drink. Nice pleasant spice aromas that aren't too overwhelming. I loved the taste of this pumkin ale! This is the smoothest pumpkin ale I have ever tasted, I could drink quite a few of these in succession with the last going down as easy as the first. The perfect amount of sweetness with mild hints of spice that makes this one stand out from other pumpkin brews.

4.3/5  rDev +38.7%

My local packie just started to sell this (August 30).

A - Crystal clear deep amber with a decent head, there is some lacing.

S - Very mild, almost non-existant.

T - Again, very mild. Some autumn spices, nutmeg, pumpkin pie.

M - Not overly carbonated. Smooth.

D - A nice beer for the transition from summer to winter.

look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.28/5  rDev +38.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

EDIT:

I reviewed this forever ago and I think I took off some points just because it's a Coors product. Truth is, this is pretty much the standard bearer for more aggressively spiced pumpkin ales. The older, east-coast varieties tastes like grassy American ambers with a little hint o' pie spice. This bad bad boy was the first to aggressively mimc pumpkin pie. It is, I am sorry to say, a modern classic. And if you like pumpkin ales, you should give it it's due.

Translucent orange. I kinda like a haze with my autumn beers, but whatever this is sparkly and pretty. Big head, fluffy white and, for a BMC beer, amazingly retentive.

Smells light of medium bocky malt and light hints of pumpkin pie spices, little hints of cinnamon and allspice. Pretty good, but far too light.

Tastes much stronger than it smells, very nice. Sweet marzeny malt starts things off, bready with light hints of dough and nuts. Moves into a spicy middle with big nodes of cinnamon, allspice, and grain. The pumpkin comes in firmly at the end, like you're eating pie.

A nice, solid example of a style that's hard to brew.

4.27/5  rDev +37.7%

appearance - it has a nice amber brown hue to it.just the right amount of carbonation, i thought it could have had a little more head to it with better retention.nice and clear not cloudy.

smell - it has a sweet malty smell mixed with spicy hop smell.thae smell was very inviting.

taste - a sweet malty taste mixed with pumkin spicy flavor you can also taste the nutmeg. a very balanced over all flavor.

mouthfeel - it had a full body feel in my mouth,perfect carbonation very smooth.

drinkability - it was a very smooth easy drinking beer.not overly spicy nor too much pumkin flavor very nice beer will definatly purchase again.

4.27/5  rDev +37.7%

Great for the fall but not as good as other pumpkin beers. It is too sweet and not as spicy as I would prefer it. Good wheat taste and light brown color. Overall I like it a lot!

4.26/5  rDev +37.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.25/5  rDev +37.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale from Coors Brewing Company