Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale | Coors Brewing Company

Ratings: 2,742 |  Reviews: 738

2.97/5  rDev -4.8%

First Reviewed on: 09-20-2006
Style: Pumpkin Ale

Notes: Pours out a clear dark orange with a minimal head. Minimal lacing. The body is very thin. There is a slight pumpkin note accompanied with a hint of smokey cinnamon in the aftertaste.

Opinion: Not a bad pumpkin ale just an average one.

2.75/5  rDev -11.9%

Photo of
3.75/5  rDev +20.2%

You had this beer. Write a review.

2.3/5  rDev -26.3%

So I’m not going to break this beer down by the old ASTMO, because I just really don’t like it. I’ve had it before and I have a ton of beer that is in my fridge that I need to take down before I leave Houston, and that date is encroaching rapidly. I can’t bring myself to just throw this beer away or even drink it without reviewing it, because I just hate it so much and I don’t ever want to have to buy it again in order to review it. Now lets move on to my brief inebriated thoughts as I casually dismantle this beer.

I think that it is a failed approach to a pumpkin beer. A caricature of what a beer is supposed to be. In fact, I could even see someone without an ounce of beer knowledge thoroughly enjoying it. It tastes like a big, stupid, pumpkin. Like a horrible, watery, metallic, facetious, hyperbolic pumpkin. I just hate this beer. I want to meet the guy who gave this the nod as the beer they wanted to put out there. And I just want to say to him that he, no matter who he is, is better than what this beer represents to me. It’s a cop-out, it’s bad, deceptive, blunt—literally without any subtlety or complexity. It’s not even about how bad this is, it’s more about how you can tell there is no love here. I’m not sure that even one person involved in the brewing of this cared at all about trying to really make a beer they thought people would enjoy you know? It tastes like a marketing campaign.

Don’t buy this beer. Just don’t do it.

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

2.75/5  rDev -11.9%