Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Coors Light Summer Brew | Coors Brewing Company

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Availability: Summer

Added by Lemke10 on 04-17-2014

4.5/5  rDev +85.2%

I love Coors Light Summer Brew. I think they should keep it around. I'm not a beer expert, but I've decided to try new beers and this one is perfect for me. I would like to see more female opinions on this one. It's refreshing and I'm stocking up. Cheers!

4.5/5  rDev +85.2%

This is a great tasting summer beer that has the perfect amount of citrus flavor. Much better than Bud Light Lime. I just wish the abv was less and I could drink more. There is no way a rating of 3.9%. More like 6%. Can't beet the price either that's why I tried it. Walmart is selling it for less than 5$ a 12 pk!! Yes 5$ a twelve pack!!

4.15/5  rDev +70.8%
look: 5 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.75

I was curious and skeptical when this seasonal beer came into my store, like most seasonal beers it looked like the others. So my curiosity got to me and I bought a 12-pack and anxiously drank one and I was super-surprised by how light and fruity it did taste. It's not a flavored beer obviously but it's in that realm. It retains the coors light beer taste but with a slight fruity citrus taste blended in. I loved it and I consumed the entire 12-pack within 2 days and I bought another one for the Memorial Day holiday and introduced it to my beer aficionado family and friends and they also loved it. I highly recommend this beer. It doesn't have that bitter, hoppy, barley taste like most beers, this one keeps the light beer taste but gives you the citrus flavor that makes it a much different and fruity change than most seasonals

4.11/5  rDev +69.1%

No this is not a beer for the "snobs". It's a beer for yard work, beaches and swimming pools.

This is a solid effort for a light, summer thirst quencher! I prefer it over the Bud and Miller lime versions. Has more of a citrus than beer flavor.
Not so sure about the 3.9% either. It does seem higher. As someone else has posted, you can't beat the Walmart price right now. Just paid $3.70 with crv for 12 pack. Yep, no mistake either. Try it, you'll like it.

It was refreshing. If you're looking for beer, this isn't the thing to get but a refreshing grapefruit citrus beverage for summer, this is well done. I found it better than some of others that cost more. I would get it again in addition to some microbrews.

3.91/5  rDev +60.9%

Very sweet, but refreshing. Good for the beach I guess.

3.82/5  rDev +57.2%

This is one of my favorite shandys. It's clean and refreshing, yet light. I know it's Coors and we are trained to think it is inferior, but this is good.

3.75/5  rDev +54.3%

3.62/5  rDev +49%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.57/5  rDev +46.9%
look: 2 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

Good Beer for Non-Beer Drinkers

I'm admittedly more of a spirit/liquor person. Like most of those people, I am not a big "hops person", and with a few notable exceptions (Guiness) I tend to stay in the Pale Ale Safety Zone. If you are one of those folks who likes to mix liquor and soda, or if you are the type of person who normally doesn't drink beer because of heavy hop, barley or wheat flavors, this is a good beer for you to try.

First off, it's in a can, so that is a minus for me. Also, it's in a TINY can (10 oz). I felt like Andre the Giant holding that thing. Hover, once I opened the can, I think I understand what they are going for. It smelled like a Sprite or 7-Up, and the soda can then made sense.

Like most "wuss beers" that I enjoy, the color isn't that appealing, being mostly clear with a pale yellow tint, and there is no head to speak of. Maybe another reason for the can, so you can't see it...

However, I personally really enjoyed the taste. It is VERY light and inoffensive, with no strong flavors of....well, anything...which I actually enjoy. I don't like having a strong aftertaste or getting slapped with a bitter or hoppy taste, and when drinking a beer with dinner, I don't like it to overpower my food. I do wish that it felt a little thicker in the mouth, since it felt like you were drinking a slightly carbonated water.

I could easily see how many beer enthusiasts would detest this beer as it doesn't capture a lot of the traditional "good beer" qualities of color, body and hops. However, if you are someone who goes purely on taste and likes a citrus soda, you would probably like this.

3.5/5  rDev +44%

For what it is, I enjoy it. A nice shandy/radler for a hot afternoon.

3.47/5  rDev +42.8%
look: 3 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

As a regular Coors and Coors Light drinker when I saw the commercials for this I was very excited to try it.

Went ahead and bout a 12 pack because even if I was not crazy about it, I would still finish them off or share them.

Was very disappointed in the 10oz can. I usually do not get to crazy about the beer gimmick stuff but this is a pure gimmick to try and set this beer apart, and make money. If someone likes it they essentially will buy twice as much to get the same amount of beer they usually buy....I digress

Immediately upon cracking this beer I can smell the orange citrus. The initial taste is a lot of carbonation, and regular coors light but then bam the orange flavor hits you. It is actually quite good! It is not on the level of say Lienenkugel Summer Shandy as far as taste but it is a solid effort by Coors.

This beer is what it is trying to be a refreshing summer beer to drink on a hot day and have a bunch of them. Its a tailgater, BBQ, beach beer and it is very successful at its mission. I am sure I will be drinking this again, but please bottles and bigger cans!

3.45/5  rDev +42%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Sampling right now. A new brew and comes in a 10 ounce (!!!) can only and not in bottles. Bough 2 cans that were marked down to 75c each to try. Can chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a pilsner sampler glass (6 ouncer).

They don''t list the alcohol content anywhere at all, I'm guessing around 4-4.5% (ABV). Pours just like a regular Coor's Light which is a pale yellow in color. No head seen to speak of and NO lacing is seen. The aroma is pretty much like a Coor's Light and some citrus. The taste is the Coor's Light at first followed up by the tart & sweetness of some lemonade with a hint of orange. probably great on a hot summers day at a BBQ or outing.

3.44/5  rDev +41.6%