Blue Moon Belgian White | Coors Brewing Company

3.41/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 6,999 |  Reviews: 1,660
3.41/5  rDev 0%

A-Partly cloudy yellow, two finger head

S-What, a little orange and something offputting, like AAL like smell.

T-Similar to the nose, a little wheat, a little orange, but there is still the offputting tasting.

M-Medium bodied with some carbonation.

O-Not that bad. However this is something in there that just doesn't taste/smell right but I can't place it.

3.41/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.41/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3.5

3.41/5  rDev 0%

On draft at a local la-de-da country club. They served it with an orange slice in it, which I promptly took out and deposited in the nearest available cocktail napkin. Orange color, smelled kinda sweet, pretty good head. Forgot what it smelled like, so not much. Taste was pleasant, not as spicy as some of the better wits I've had. Could drink a few of these, though

look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.41/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

A very hazy orange with a quickly fading white head. Loads of bubbles streaming up the glass. No lacing down the glass. The aroma is faint. Orange peel, lemon, coriander, bread dough. The taste is bready, orange/citrus, overall sweet, but not cloying. The feel is above average carbonation, medium thin body, a little sticky up front, but, dry on the finish. Pretty good summertime brew.

3.41/5  rDev 0%

My daughter likes this one and left some in the fridge after a visit.

Pours hazy and cloudy golden with a slight amber hue. Great white head but it only provides average retention, however has great lacing.

Aroma: Just not much there, what is, is distant. Distant hops,and distant orange, lemon rind.

Creamy, sweet up front with a extra dry finish that includes a little citrus.. Light medium body.
Not a big fan of wheats, especially strong wheats, but I can handle this one.

Better than I expected.

look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

3.41/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I used to drink this a lot before I got into craft. I had it on a whim for ole times sake. Truly not bad for a macro. It is refreshing and I would not turn it down on a hot summer day. However, it's attempt at orange fruitiness, although somewhat tasty, nevertheless has too much of an orange soda flavor to it. Like I said, I would not turn it down, but with all the other great brews I have yet to try, I will not seek this one out.

look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.41/5  rDev 0%

12oz bottle poured into a pint glass. Get that orange out of my beer. Do I look like a sororitute to you? SEP1409 laser stamp.

A: Hazy orange. Pretty good head.

S: Difficult to pick out anything other than orange.

T: Mostly orange, also spices and bready malt.

M: Light and somewhat creamy.

T: Eh. It can't hold a candle to, say, Allagash White, but it's the crown jewel of the Coors portfolio, for what that's worth. I'd never seek this out, but it's a good enough beer of last resort if I'm at a bar with a lousy selection.

3.41/5  rDev 0%

"Buy the Blue Moon," she said. "It's less corporate."

Her boyfriend was about to acquiesce. Thankfully, yours truly intervened and saved the day.

"Blue Moon is brewed by Coors."

"Oh, really? Thanks man."

Pours a clouded orange. Small white head. Nose is dirty and kind of skunky. Flavor is citrus and grass. A little too dirty on the backside though. Feel has a decent carbonation to it and the liquid body is a tad thin. Overall not bad for a mass production. But certainly won't go down as my favorite witbier of all time.

3.41/5  rDev 0%

This beer was probably one of the first 50 beers I had ever tried. I gave this one a try simply because I wanted to have something new. When I ordered my first glass of it the guy asked me if I wanted an orange wedge in it, I said sure because everyone else at the bar had one. I'm assuming he asked because I was a guy and perhaps "guys don't put fruit in their beer". Anyway though, I got the glass tossed the wedge in and gave it a look. It's a cloudy golden color with a foamy white head on top. The lacing is actually decent on this beer, I was surprised. The smell of the beer was sweet and now full of orange zest. The taste of the beer was refreshing and citrusy, makes a really nice summer beer for some people. The mouthfeel was smooth and lightly carbonated. Overall Blue Moon has never been a terrible beer in my opinion but since it's from Coors I do have a bit of an issue buying it. If it's free I'll drink it but I really don't feel the need to go out and purchase these with my own money unless it's all that's available.

3.41/5  rDev 0%

A: Hazy gold body, initial 1" white head quicky reducted to 1/4" & then stuck around for the entire glass. Left a little lacing.

S: Clean aroma of lemon/lemon zest and a little spice.

T: An odd combination of lemon and macro with a hint of coriander. I like lemon and the tartness saved this from being something I didn't like. However, while it started as pleasant hints of lemon, the tartness seemed to increase & take over the glass - by the end that's all I tasted.

M: Light to medium body, slightly below average carbonation - almost a smooth mouthfeel except for the puckering finish.

D: The puckering finish cuts into the drinkability as well. Decent enough flavor, but I think I'd rather just drink lemonade.

3.41/5  rDev 0%

The beer poured just as a Wit should. A cloudy golden color with a very ample white head. I wish my wits would pour like this. The head retention was quite good and it left a nice lace on the side of the glass.

The aroma of this beer did not match its appearance. I could get a hint of honey but no citrus or other aromas. The hops were not present either.

The flavor was NOT complex. I could not detect any citrus or any other additive. There is some malt sweetness and no hops. To bad this tastes more like a Coors than a Hoegaarden. I really, REALLY wanted to give this beer a good score after I saw it in the glass.

The mouthfeel is very nice. It is approaching a medium body and the carbonation played with the roof of my mouth.

It has the look and mouthfeel of a great wit. Now all they need to do is put some taste to go along with the rest to have a damn nice beer. I hope that Coors will keep trying to make a better beer.

3.42/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

3.42/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.42/5  rDev +0.3%

Pours a cloudy gold/orange with a nice white head. Aroma of citrus and lemon peel, some light hints of bannana, some sweet maltiness and light wheat notes. Taste is same as aroma. Palate is light to med body with nice carbonation and crisp mouthfeel. Finishes with some citrus flavors light sweet malt ending with some slight nutty notes. Overall a nice refreshing and easy drinking belgian.

3.42/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.42/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Blue Moon Belgian White from Coors Brewing Company