Blue Moon Belgian White | Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Blue Moon Belgian WhiteBlue Moon Belgian White
3.41/5
Okay
Blue Moon Belgian WhiteBlue Moon Belgian White

Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Colorado, United States
millercoors.com

Style: Witbier

Also know as Belgian Moon in Alberta & British Columbia

Added by kbub6f on 08-15-2001

Ratings: 7,090 |  Reviews: 1,669

3.75/5  rDev +10%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.33/5  rDev -31.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.87/5  rDev -15.8%

This was one of the first beers I ever had and I remember thinking "if this is what beer's like, I don't get the big deal." Since then, I've had much better and much worse. My most recent experience: Decent appearance, a hazy yellowish color with a small head that dissipated quickly and didn't leave any lacing. Smell and taste are both mostly wheaty with a faint orangeness. Pretty thin feel. Overall, it's kind of a weak, mild beer that's lacking in flavor, but not so bad I'll refuse to drink it. I wish they would embrace the citrus and add more of an orange or lemon flavor.

3.5/5  rDev +2.6%

Solid macro take on the wit. I can handle this if I have no real other choices.

3.43/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

A - hazy lemon orange with a creamy white head that settled quickly.

S - Earthy, spicy, pears and a slight muskiness. Very interesting.

T - Wheat flavor at first then the earth, pears and spiciness kicks in. The end finishes with a wheat flavor as well.

M - Too prickly for me. If it were softer carbonation it would be 10 fold better.

D - Pretty good beer but the prickly mouthfeel is a let down.

3.2/5  rDev -6.2%

2.44/5  rDev -28.4%

3.25/5  rDev -4.7%

Poured this beer into a pint glass. It is a golden color with a head that dissipates very quickly. The nose is zesty, citrusy cabbage is the way I would like to describe it. The taste is malt forward followed by slight hop and sour finish. The mouth feel is a little too bubbly and harsh for the beer. It would make a nice brew for a few in a sitting.

3.4/5  rDev -0.3%

Drink by date - Nov 30 2008, a month and a half away. Served into my Sam Adams Boston Lager branded wheat beer style glass.

A - The first thing I noticed was some floaties... no warning about any form of bottle conditioning (nor would I expect it from Coors). There appears to have been some kind of settling in the bottle and I may have stirred it up, gross-looking nonetheless. Aside from that it produced a white-tan head, gold body, and zero carbonation.

S - Wheat, citrus and some sweet cinnamon.

T - Citrus right from the go, as expected. Bread on the middle and a tangy citrus finish and aftertaste.

M - medium bodied thickness, carbs up in my mouth and sticks on the palate a bit.

D - If it weren't for the visual presentation of this, I could have this as my regular wheat ale. Visual detracts from it greatly.

3.02/5  rDev -11.4%

3.75/5  rDev +10%

3.7/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

This was the first beer I drank consistently. A great starter beer! The Belgian style is light enough to make it drinkable, yet it became too sweet for me as I began to experiment and enjoy IPAs and stouts. The orange and citrus finish really makes this a beer to remember and I recommend it to those who have not yet found that "perfect beer" yet!

2.75/5  rDev -19.4%

Blue Moon Belgian White from Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Beer rating: 3.41 out of 5 with 7,090 ratings