Blue Moon Belgian White | Coors Brewing Company

good
Read the review
Blue Moon Belgian WhiteBlue Moon Belgian White

Added by kbub6f on 08-15-2001

3.4

Ratings: 6,983 |  Reviews: 1,660

3.33/5  rDev -2.1%

This is one of the first beers I tasted years ago, if not the very first one, and I saved this for the last review of the three beers from their sampler pack.

This beer has a good appearance. It is cloudy with ample of frothy head while looking like there were some orange colored food coloring dropped in it.

The taste is refreshing when it's ice cold (which may be a bad sign) but while it warms up, the blandness comes through. I can taste the citrus notes along with the copious amount of wheat coming though.

The mouthfeel for this beer is bordering between thick and syrupy. I'm a bit undecided if that's good or not.

Overall, I think it's not something I would drink on a regular basis on a hot summer day. I think there's other witbier beers that has better balance. Having said that, I think this is decidedly better better than Pale Moon and Honey Wheat beers.

4.25/5  rDev +25%

3.75/5  rDev +10.3%

3.49/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.75/5  rDev +10.3%

2.75/5  rDev -19.1%

3.48/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured Blue Moon into pint glass.

A - Light, hazy yellow-orange color. Had a good 2 finger white head.

S - Flowery, yeast and citrus zest.

T - Coriander, orange flavored refreshing wheat beer.

M - Tingly bubbles on the tongue. Fairly thick compared to the everyday light BMC beers.

O - A very good summer belgian-style wheat beer. Refreshing and tasty!

2.87/5  rDev -15.6%

So just want to start that I did not put any orange in this beer because I did not want to go away from the beer's natural flavor. I am excited to review this brew especially because so many regular beer drinkers enjoy it!

Appearance- Somewhat see through with about a one finger head. There is a little carbonation but not as overwhelming as I would have thought. This is a golden orange color brew with zero to little lacing.

Smell- I smell a decent amount of malt from the get go with a definite hint of orange zest following. To be honest it almost has a spoiled orange smell to it, like it is past its prime. I actually pick up some pineapple too but I know that is not prevalent in this beer.

Taste- I get a copious amount of adjunct malt right on the tip of my palate. There is only but a hint of orange of the initial sip. With the second gulp, I get a lot more of the orange but still it tastes so fake, I see why they tell you to put a real one into the beer itself.

Mouthfeel- Medium to light bodied with very high drinkability. It goes down incredibly smooth and you could easily drink a lot of them. It is however kind of watery at the same time for a whit bier blue moon is definitely on the lower side of mouthfeel.

Overall, it’s okay. I am impressed it is from Coors, but needless to say I can tell it is from Coors. I bet this is much better with the orange, but I wanted to review the beer itself. This beer really just has a fake taste to it which I did not enjoy too much. I would recommend this to anyone who is not a craft beer drinker and wants to broaden their horizons. CHEERS!

3.48/5  rDev +2.4%

The best so far far out get one in ya

2.16/5  rDev -36.5%

2.88/5  rDev -15.3%

3.58/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.65/5  rDev +7.4%

The cult classic (with some) and still pretty good when I can find it these days. It seems to be getting out there more in my area.

Pours a cloudy orangish brown with some head and lacing but not too much. Points for going against the grain and not filtering it. Smells light and fruity, mostly citrus, with a little hint of spice.

This tastes pretty citrusy and fairly smooth. It isn't strong in the spice area, at all but does retain some wheat essence. Smooth and goes down easy. Surprisingly good, especially on a warm day.

Blue Moon Belgian White from Coors Brewing Company