Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Blue Moon Belgian White | Coors Brewing Company

Also know as Belgian Moon in Alberta & British Columbia

Added by kbub6f on 08-15-2001

Ratings: 7,033 |  Reviews: 1,663
3.84/5  rDev +12.6%

Very drinkable with a sweet taste at the end. Did not have the orange slice with but understand why people would like that. Would really recommend this beer its very tasty and light , don't be afraid of the Blue Moon! The sweet taste is very refreshing I really was surprised at the color and non filtering of this beer it was very enjoyable! I just wondering if filtering the water would change the taste at all I know it would not change the color or appearance. Ill have to ask Keith Villa when I meet him he did a great job on this brew!

3.75/5  rDev +10%

3.25/5  rDev -4.7%

3.75/5  rDev +10%

2.75/5  rDev -19.4%

3.25/5  rDev -4.7%

3.59/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

I'll be honest. Before I tried Blue Moon, I hated beer. This was the beer that got me started with beer. This is what you might call the gatekeeper of craft beer. The pearly gates that lead from desolation and adjunct grains into a safe haven of pure malts, barley, and good times.

Okay, it's obviously not THAT good. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

A - You gotta pour this one just right for it to look awesome. Otherwise, you end up with hardly any head. But when you get lucky, it looks pretty great. Nice, hazy yellow body, decent carbonation, smooth, one-finger white head.

S - It's okay. You can definitely tell that this is a Belgian White with the immediate presence of wheat and the background of coriander and citrus. But it's almost like it has just the slightest background of corn. I'm skeptical about it.

T - You certainly shouldn't expect this to be the best Belgian White on the market. It has the characteristics that qualify it as one, but for the most part, you get a lot of plain wheat. Follows the nose.

M - Crisp, clean, refreshing, and still full-bodied like a proper ale should be. Carbonation keeps things interesting.

O - I like this beer. I get a sixer every now and then. It's simple, down-to-earth, and opens the average beer drinker up to a vast array of opportunities and potential. I know it did that for me.

2.5/5  rDev -26.7%