Blue Moon Belgian White | Coors Brewing Company

good
Read the review
Blue Moon Belgian WhiteBlue Moon Belgian White

Added by kbub6f on 08-15-2001

3.4

Ratings: 6,983 |  Reviews: 1,660

3.73/5  rDev +9.7%

Pours a tangerine color. Tiny head fades almost immediately. No lacing. A lot of carbonation. Citrusy wheat smell. Goes down smooth with a light fruity finish. Pretty decent flavor for a common beer. It's watered down but not bad. Overall it's a go-to domestic beer. If there are no craft options, I'd go with a blue moon.

2.5/5  rDev -26.5%

2.25/5  rDev -33.8%

2.75/5  rDev -19.1%

2.87/5  rDev -15.6%

So just want to start that I did not put any orange in this beer because I did not want to go away from the beer's natural flavor. I am excited to review this brew especially because so many regular beer drinkers enjoy it!

Appearance- Somewhat see through with about a one finger head. There is a little carbonation but not as overwhelming as I would have thought. This is a golden orange color brew with zero to little lacing.

Smell- I smell a decent amount of malt from the get go with a definite hint of orange zest following. To be honest it almost has a spoiled orange smell to it, like it is past its prime. I actually pick up some pineapple too but I know that is not prevalent in this beer.

Taste- I get a copious amount of adjunct malt right on the tip of my palate. There is only but a hint of orange of the initial sip. With the second gulp, I get a lot more of the orange but still it tastes so fake, I see why they tell you to put a real one into the beer itself.

Mouthfeel- Medium to light bodied with very high drinkability. It goes down incredibly smooth and you could easily drink a lot of them. It is however kind of watery at the same time for a whit bier blue moon is definitely on the lower side of mouthfeel.

Overall, it’s okay. I am impressed it is from Coors, but needless to say I can tell it is from Coors. I bet this is much better with the orange, but I wanted to review the beer itself. This beer really just has a fake taste to it which I did not enjoy too much. I would recommend this to anyone who is not a craft beer drinker and wants to broaden their horizons. CHEERS!

2.02/5  rDev -40.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2

This is my first posting ever. I am new to rating beers, but have tried many, many beers of many varieties. Without knowing the finesse needed to accurately describe a beer, I want to give this a whirl.

Appearance: Somewhat golden and hazy, but not quite like other full-fledged witbiers (I just betrayed the fact that I think this is less than what it calls itself). The appearance is actually what makes this beer appealing as to the untrained eye it looks somewhat hazier than the average mass manufactured beer.

Smell: Sour, fruity, and something else I couldn't identify at first (please see taste)...

Taste: Dull Sour, barel wheaty, the orange peel they claim to put in doesn't shine through quite clearly. There is something else in this I tasted at first that really, really drew me away.... corainder. Corainder is essentially cilantro (from the same plant). In an attempt to be sophisticated, this was added. Please remove the corainder.

Mouthfeel: I'm still trying to get over the taste.

Overall: This beer is trying desperately to be something it is not. The fancy smancy spiciness is just killing its ability to be considered drinkable. Underneath my gag reflex I was able to sense that this is indeed a wheaty beer looking for respect. I would drink this regularly if not for the added spiciness.

Blue Moon Belgian White from Coors Brewing Company