Blue Moon Belgian White | Coors Brewing Company

good
Read the review
Blue Moon Belgian WhiteBlue Moon Belgian White

3.4

Ratings: 6,983 |  Reviews: 1,660
1.62/5  rDev -52.4%

1.66/5  rDev -51.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I was thoroughly unimpressed by this beer. I had it on tap at Angelino's in a suburb of Chicago. It was served by the bartender with an orange slice which I promptly removed. And until I came to BA today to write my review I had no idea it was a Coors product.

The flavor is disappointing for Witbier. It tastes very citrusy in a fake way. Very unrefined flavor. Distinct flavors, if there are any to be had, are covered up by a slightly skunky taste followed by a blast of citrus. The mouthfeel is pretty thin. The best thing going for this beer is the appearance. It looks great in the glass but otherwise, I recommend you stay away from it.

After I had reluctantly finished the entire glass the bartender poured a second glass of the Blue Moon for me assuming I wanted another. I said "Thanks but not thanks" and moved on to another beer.

1.66/5  rDev -51.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Not what I expected when I drank this

1.7/5  rDev -50%

Bottle served into stange glass, bought in Blackfriars bar in the Merchant city in glasgow.

A- 3 finger rocky carbonated head, orange cloudy hue, Head reduced quickly with minimal lacing.

S- Cloves and an overwhelming orange note.

T- Lots of orange in the beginning, a faint hint of spice. Faint bready malt in the finish although quick.

M- High carbonation, thin

D- Not refreshing really, all thin and void of complexity with an overwhelming orange syrupy sweet note, making this a pass!

1.72/5  rDev -49.4%

1.72/5  rDev -49.4%

1.74/5  rDev -48.8%

I've had this on-tap and bottled many times. Pours a hazy yellow with a medium white head. Of course, you must have that orange wedge! No lacing to speak of. Smells of citrus (probably from the orange) and light spices. Some wheat. Tastes like it smells. It's watery...with the high carbonation it almost tastes like seltzer water with alcohol added.

Light bodied and overall, watery. Drinkable because it is so crisp. It has gotten worse lately...used to be better, though still not great. Drinkable, but I wouldn't imbibe in it simply because my taste buds and liver would like to spend their efforts elsewhere.

1.75/5  rDev -48.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Blue Moon Belgian White from Coors Brewing Company