Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Blue Moon Belgian White | Coors Brewing Company

Also know as Belgian Moon in Alberta & British Columbia

Added by kbub6f on 08-15-2001

Ratings: 7,051 |  Reviews: 1,664
1.5/5  rDev -56%

Typical of American beers trying to copy European quality brews, they don't even come close, taste like Coors and that is not a compliment. Read some of the ratings online and on this site and it said Ok - good. I have spent most of my life in Europe and have tried everything from Belgium to Czech, Dutch, and German. That is where Beer tastes best. It's not just just the taste of the beer but the glasses they serve it in and the atmosphere. At home in America I still find that most American beers are mass produced, highly marketed and taste all the same in most cases.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.51/5  rDev -55.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Appearance: Cloudy straw colour with a big white head. Heavily carbonated.

Aroma: Grainy wheat aromas. Subtle orange, with a citrus twist of lemon.

Taste: Unusual taste. There is a creamy maltiness, in which the oats used in the mix are noticeable. I swear I can taste slightly off milk in there. Really not impressed with the flavours at all.

Mouthfeel: Creamy, fizzy, and not right.

Drinkability: Do not try this, one of the worst things I have tasted for a long time, if not, ever. It doesn't taste like beer. Couldn't actually finish it!

1.52/5  rDev -55.4%

1.55/5  rDev -54.5%

Very bad for any given beer, and absolutely vile given witbeers are a favorite of mine that I got to when I want a low ABV beer with big character.

Has an unshakable macro-lager taste to it with every goddamn sip. I knew I hated this beer years ago, but I bought a single recently to reassure myself I wasn't being a prick when I shat all over Blue Moon in conversation. Yeah, I wasn't. This is worst witbeer I've ever had in my life. This is produced by a massive soulless corporation, and it shows. Ug. If I wasn't splitting with a friend half would of hit the drain.

Of course, Hoegarrden is now owned by Inbev-Anhauser Busch, so same goes for them - at least their beer is good to quite good despite their altering the original recipe.

1.56/5  rDev -54.3%

1.59/5  rDev -53.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I do not understand the mass appeal of this beer. I would rather drink a Budweiser.

1.6/5  rDev -53.1%

I started to review Blue Moon after the first time I tried it at a Smokey Bones barbecue restaurant, but I was convinced that I must have just gotten a glass from a bad batch. After trying it a second time I can understand why it is often served with a slice of orange in it. They have to do something to cover up the taste.

Blue Moon looked promising in the glass, but looks are deceiving. It lacked body, even for a witbier. There are much better wheat beers out there.

Blue Moon Belgian White from Coors Brewing Company