Coors Banquet
Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Coors BanquetCoors Banquet
Score:
Ranked #50,596
2.61 | pDev: 29.5%
From:
Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Colorado, United States
Avail:
Year-round
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Poor
Coors BanquetCoors Banquet
Notes: Coors Banquet is brewed with 100% Rocky Mountain water and Moravian barley from many generations of family farmers. True to its roots, it is brewed only in one place, Golden, Colorado, and nowhere else.

Ingredients: Water, barley malt, corn syrup (dextrose), yeast, hop extract
Reviews: 836 | Ratings: 3,239 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Mark-Leggett from Missouri

2.84/5  rDev +8.8%

Poured from a can. Light straw in color with a white foamy head that doesn't last too long. Smells of corn, bread and a sweet hint. Taste follows the smell. For what it is it's not bad, good with food or a light mouth feel refresher.

Jun 10, 2021
AccipiterofBeer from New York

3.04/5  rDev +16.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.25

poured into a shaker pint.

L: 3. The head quickly dissipates despite ample carbonation. I think between the big 3, this has the most clarity.
S: 2. The least desirable facet of this beer. Estery. Metallic. Though malty.
T: 3.25 Probably my favorite of the big 3. Not much hop character, but strong barley and corn.
F: 4.25 Its a macro lager, you have to rate it highly. Light mouthfeel, probably the lightest feeling of the big 3. Damn near light lager mouthfeel.
O: 3.25. The banquet beer is not one that I will buy if I see other options, but it doesnt leave much to be desired.

May 29, 2021
Gritzollen from Canada (AB)

1.16/5  rDev -55.6%

When this was sold as Banquet in Canada it was a decent option for post-hockey beer with the team at the rink. They renamed it to Original and later changed the recipe. I don't know when they changed the recipe but it tastes horrible now. It's down right disgusting.

May 22, 2021
Detour12 from Massachusetts

4.05/5  rDev +55.2%
look: 4 | smell: 2 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I had this for the first time and I enjoyed it! I had coors light before and I did enjoyed that I always wanted to try coors banquet I had a nice strong beer flavor. the beer itself wasn't strong but to me the beer flavor was strong!

May 01, 2021
charlesmp from Canada (QC)

3.77/5  rDev +44.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3.75

Honestly not a bad beer considering what original coors tastes like, got some because of the cobra kai series....
for its class i think it is worth a try

Apr 04, 2021
vansdan from California

2.64/5  rDev +1.1%

As a spoiled SoCo resident, I've been bequeathed the status of snob. Lagunitas, Russian River, Sierra Nevada, Bear, and dozens upon dozens more.

I abide, but with secretive discretion: I see the value in these types of beers. And for my money, Banquet is my go to. It actually has a flavor, goes down easy, and the can looks good meanwhile. I will admit it smells and tastes somewhat bizarre, but that's better than absolutely nothing.

Was my preferred beer for shotgun and pong before I got old. So now it tastes like memories..... hard recommend for mass production beer!

Mar 10, 2021
RedBalloon from Washington

2.91/5  rDev +11.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

24oz can with an Enjoy By date of 2/22/21 poured into a Teku on 2/14/21.

Pours 1" of white head. Bright, golden, and translucent.

Faintly sweet, skunky aroma.

Sweet taste upfront with very faint skunky hop flavor.

Good effervescence, but thin and watery mouthfeel.

Low on aroma and flavor. Mouthfeel is pleasant and drinkable.

Mar 08, 2021
DrBeergood from Ohio

2.5/5  rDev -4.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Bias alert--I have high expectations for a domestic on this one. Yet the inclusion of dextrose is oof.

L: Golden yellow. Glossy. Clear. Nearly flat.

S: Sweetened barley. A faint amount of mild hops. Smells funny.

T: Doesn't taste far off from a Miller Lite (which uses high fructose corn syrup) but at least it has the signature Coors barley hit behind it.

F: Sticky on the residual and in dire need of zippy carbonation.

O: I want my beer to taste like beer. It tastes okay I guess, but it has identity issues and I'm hesitant to display on it my shelves. This is not the same beer that hails from its heritage from 1873.

Mar 03, 2021
LeBron_James from Canada (ON)

1.55/5  rDev -40.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Pours clear yellow. Small white head that leaves no lacing.
I can't smell anything except a corny smell from corn syrup adjunct. Maybe some faint bready character from grain.
This beer tastes very odd. Light and weirdly sweet. Bready sweet character. Pretty unpleasant.
The mouthfeel is light and carbonation is high.
Overall this is not worth buying for me. If this was the only beer around I just wouldn't drink it.

Feb 24, 2021
Tony787 from Canada (ON)

3.63/5  rDev +39.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

i bought the stumby bottles they once had at the lcbos in Ontario.
they dont ship this beer to Canada anymore.
poured a 1finger head into glass that quickly disappeared but left a lace as you drink it.
taste is very enjoyable and refreshing.
easy drinking .
cheers.

Feb 14, 2021
JohnniEMc from Pennsylvania

2.79/5  rDev +6.9%

In the early '70's, no other beer carried the mystique on the East Coast that Banquet did. It was as rare as Coor's Light is ubiquitous today. On that rare occasion it was available, a six-pack sold for $12.00 beside Buweiser and Miller going for three dollars. First try, at $12.00 a six, tasted about as good as Schaefer, which went for $2.50. Was something missed? This time, two squat 12 oz. bottles are poured into a clear glass liter mug. It's color is slightly more golden than some in its style, but the translucency is similar. There's no head, nor glass lacing, but the carbonation is healthy. A little bit, a very little bit of smell brings malt and yeast. The taste brings more. Although quite subdued, there is a pretty good balance between light malt and hop flavors. Obviously, this isn't an outstanding beer, but it is notably better than some in its class.

Jan 31, 2021
Peach63 from New York

3.1/5  rDev +18.8%

Pours golden yellow with a 1/4 inch white head, which dissipates.

Aroma is malty, grassy, corn, faint floral.

Taste is corn, rice, crystal malt, slightly sweet.

Thin bodied, a bit watery, light carbonation. Semi- sweet finish.

Not a bad AAL. Much better than Bud.

Jan 24, 2021
BrandonAllaire from Vermont

2.58/5  rDev -1.1%

Ahh, the old Yellowbelly. Its appearance is welcomed and reminds me of my college days. So naive, with the ability to drink like the whales I pursue now. With a lack of beer karma, I have revisited this beer after my trading privileges were removed. The smell reminds me of the night my friend got his first MIP. Simple, malty, although preferable to Coors Light. The taste is welcomed, especially after a long day scrolling through the BA trade forum while at the office. It really takes it out of you. Mouthfeel is preferable to Coors Light, a bit fuller-bodied, and desirable to consume. The taste of this beer is nostalgia, both good and bad. I rate it a 3 overall for this reason.

Dec 28, 2020
Dobbis420 from Ohio

3.05/5  rDev +16.9%

I'm a basic but varied beer drinker anything from cheep busch and coors to samual Adam's and great lakes so here's what I think of Coors banquet... It's appearance look and mouth feel are all average for a cheap beer but still good. It's drinkable with some sweetness that is unfortunately thrown off a wierd taste that I don't get from bucsh to miller high life or genuine draft which is a bit off putting for this beer. So considering it's about 1.50$ more then high life and 2$ more then busch I'd give banquet an average score it's good but not better then some other cheaper and better beers

Dec 26, 2020
smellayella from Texas

3.79/5  rDev +45.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Look : When I opened the Coors banquet is golden, foamy, and crisp looking

Smell : A really nice clean sweet corn like smell

Taste : Clean very crisp and refreshing with a sweet after taste

My final opinion is that this is a really great beer for such a low price it has great flavor and is solid compared to competition. I'm going to give it a 3.75 there are better beers but this one is a classic and for what it is remains a good experience.

Dec 04, 2020
Mooslerfitness from Ohio

As a lager goes this is my new personal favorite love the stubby [email protected]#kin bottle never tried till cobra kai if they don't pay Johnny then pay me I've tried almost every lager I can get in ohio love and respect the craft brewer being a home brewer but every time I crack one its the same 1936 when stubby was brought to us till the fed up 2020 keep up good work i have been to golden Colorado and only had the silver bullet which im not a fan wish I would of tried the cobra kai

Oct 20, 2020
Mdog from Minnesota

3.36/5  rDev +28.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

From a 16oz can:

Appearance: Clear yellow-gold, big head.

Smell: Sweet corn.

Taste: Moderately sweet, corn, moderate body. Lasting mild sweetness but not cloying.

Overall: Picked up a 6er of 16oz cans for football watching/drinking. Somewhat sweet but not too much, gives you a little more "beer" flavor than the light beer selection.

Oct 18, 2020
odannyob from Colorado

3.62/5  rDev +38.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Look: Lightly golden yellowed with a medium flow of minute bubbles and a white, thin layer of off-white foam. Smell: Minimal; thin hints of wet. Taste: Man, that's dependent on one's mood when one has one. But, for me, the taste is good, if not better. Feel: right, exactly in the middle. Overall: a most favorite to add some generic tomato juice, a kernel or 2 of Himalayan salt and a few hard splashes of a good hot sauce to. I'm enjoying one presently.

Oct 03, 2020
VelvetExtract from Massachusetts

3.56/5  rDev +36.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

Stubby bottle. Can't believe I have never reviewed the god damn Banquet Beer! Not really worth going into the specifics of aroma and flavor. This is just a good time in a bottle. While I respect the ridiculously light-drinkability of Coors Light, this beer is just a decently flavorful macro. One of the best in my opinion.

Sep 26, 2020
JuliusBonsall from Pennsylvania

2.81/5  rDev +7.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

So we’ve all been there — one of those buffet weddings you just know will have a Dollar Dance and somebody’s (your) step-Uncle getting arrested for exposing himself to a bridesmaid, no matter how hard he tries to convince them it was a breakaway suit. It’s December 2001, Jennifer Lopez is all over the charts with “Love Don’t Cost a Thing,” (spoiler if there are any non-divorcees left in Topeka… it does) and I’m in the WORST shape of my life. My best mate Gordon Blevins is still mourning the death of his conjoined twin Roscoe. The whole year had been that wedding. Suffice it to say, both of us need a pick-me-up.

The good news: My parole officer’s baby daddy’s niece is throwing a 2nd grade graduation party for her oldest (Brohdie, just turned 12 this week) and she asked Gordon and I to bartend for the underage crowd. Pint-glass-half-full guy that he is, Gordon taxidermies what’s left of Roscoe, buggers him with a Louisville Slugger, and hauls him around like a slightly more animated Bernie Lomax for the entire party — the kids loved it. Brohdie picked up on the necrotic stench at one point, but quickly returned to his gas can of gin and tonic when Gordon blamed it on the throaty discharge that just slid from the nethers of an older woman.

The bad news: Turns out she’d expired right there on her HoverRound. Gordon was overcome with guilt for his mockery of death. He used the petrifying eye sockets of his brother to uncap a few Coors Banquet stubbies for us, as we retired to an abandoned single-wide to think on our misdeeds. It took but a few sips of that silken gold to bring us back from the existential brink. Nothing like pure Rocky Mountain water to smooth over a rocky day. 5% alcohol, 100% right.

In other news: If you consume 47 in the span of 3 hours, you’re going to vomit.

Sep 16, 2020
Robert34510 from Massachusetts

4.99/5  rDev +91.2%

I was very surprised by this beer, I was not expecting it to be an anywhere good lager beer. But out of all the lager beers I've tasted this is the very best. Because when I tried Coors light i wasn't a bid fan of Coors light, but when I tried their regular Lager, i was extremely impressed. It is even better at the actual brewery! which i visited. Top notch

Sep 15, 2020
Beer_Right_Back from Arizona

1.68/5  rDev -35.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

We sincerely hope that we got a bad can, because ours was suspiciously sweet, and lacked most of the flavor that we associate with Coors. Unfortunately those flavors aren't any good either though.

Aug 25, 2020
Colby_Spivey from Texas

3.37/5  rDev +29.1%

Smooth, tastey, and thick for a light domestic. I love the roasted taste. It's my favorite go to beer for a party or to chill with after work. Find them pretty much anywhere you go which is convenient. Just dont smell it

Aug 15, 2020
IPAs_for_days_13 from Texas

2.66/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Not about to go to deep on this review, we all know what we are getting into here. Good ole Coors Banquet... Not much of a looker, don't recommend smelling it, the taste is just right every-time, super smooth & goes down incomparably easy, always reliable. These 5% yellow-bellies are always a bang for your buck, comes in a 30 rack & you can buy them pretty much anywhere. If you're looking for convenience, abundance & an easy drinker, grab you some of these.

Aug 03, 2020
IceChuggington from Canada (AB)

2.35/5  rDev -10%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

This is the beer that you get in a pitcher for your group of 5 if no one wants to spend money on a good beer. I was personally not offended by this beer, but it was making me tear up from joy. 5 Smirnoff Ices/10

Jun 19, 2020
Coors Banquet from Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Beer rating: 62 out of 100 with 3239 ratings