Coors Banquet | Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Coors BanquetCoors Banquet
2.6/5
Poor
Coors BanquetCoors Banquet

Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Colorado, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Coors Banquet is brewed with 100% Rocky Mountain water and Moravian barley from many generations of family farmers. True to its roots, it is brewed only in one place, Golden, Colorado, and nowhere else.

Ingredients: Water, barley malt, corn syrup (dextrose), yeast, hop extract

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001

Ratings: 3,043 |  Reviews: 759

Had to rate this one all 5's. Just trying to balance all the ignorant reviews. Half of the guys on those site don't really have a good palate, don't drink much, don't live in beer towns like I do. Durango, Colorado. I drink more craft beer brewed in my town than 90% of these "bros" and reviewers. Half you morons are saying Miller high lige and PBR are better. That's laughable. This beer is decent for the price. Decent flavors. Def. Can tell its made with decent quality barley malts, grains, and hops. Better than PBR, Busch, any miller, bud, and all the other american adjuncts. Keep drinking your Milwaukee's best "bros" . I'm sure that's a craft beer in your minds.

A perfect example of a fine American beer.

.Coors Banquet is the by far best of the big three. It has a full, well rounded flavor. I would highly recommend this to anyone,. I do enjoy craft beers but this is not a craft beer, but I like it. Why ? It is available any where were I live, no offensive flavors or aftertaste and price.. It solid' American adjunct lager beer with very high drinkability.

I didn't drink Coors for several years but recently have been buying it more. It seems to have a cleaner crisper taste than I recall from years ago. I prefer the wide, vented drinking hole in the can, and the can fits my hand better than Budweiser..if you haven't tried it in a while, I recommend it. The mountains on the can are blue gray when cold and turn white as the beer disappears. How cool is that? Great beer.

I guess I am just a lover of coors. Best AAL in my opinion drink these all the time. Tastes stronger than the light version . It's refreshing at the pay lake and always something I keep around. I love the taste of this I enjoy these. Good refreshing beer.

Still rate this a 5. As my tastes expanded for the style this is solid. its a delicious beer, for any situation. everyday drinking beer. Its yellow, with some lacing on the glass, (Poured into frosted mug from freezer) Taste when ice cold is like heaven on a hot day. Its a sweet malt flavor upfront, with some corn, and as a guy mentioned, grassy. Its a grassy hop flavor. Over all a nice strong fullbodied AAL. Would drink it again. all the coors AALs are my standby cheap lagers for parties. This is a good brew for easy everyday drinking. Has a special place for me, as my uncle used to drink this.Smell is kind of corn and cereal grain . is good.

Of the macro brews it's one of the best. Clean Rocky Mountain water. So good. Enjoy.

Screw all the bad reviews by the beer snobs....Coors Banquet is my favorite beer by far....I can't find anything bad to say about this beer at all. The smoothest, most crisp and most enjoyable beer in the world plain and simple. Glad to live on the U.S. border so this fine beer is available to me at all times... Lots of bad American beers... Coors Banquet is an exception.

Coors is my personal favorite beer. Since turning 21 about 2 years ago I have bought and consumed gallons upon gallons of this stuff. Why do I like it so much? An ice cold Coors tastes like the perfect beer, there is nothing fancy about it, it needs no gimmick relating to taste like so many craft or "trendy" beers rely on. It is simply a beer, a pale colored American style lager with a 5% alcohol content to boot. Whether you are out working on a hot July day, wrenching in a freezing cold garage in January, or simply enjoying one with a fine meal a Coors always accompanies any situation perfectly. It smells delicious, one whiff of one and I am eager to consume it. It goes down smooth, and as I mentioned it tastes incredible, whether you are enjoying it in a can or in one of the retro style stubby bottles. I enjoy this beer year round, any time day or night.

Some say Coors' popularity comes from the perceived forbidden qualities of it's past. This beer was illegal East of the Mississippi river until the 1980's due to the alcohol content. However it has always had a huge following, not just in the Western United States. Keith Richards loved Coors, and would have it flown in wherever the Stones were touring. President Eisenhower would have Coors flown in to enjoy with dinner at the White House. Cases were smuggled East back in the day and sold for 3x their actual cost, which of course inspired the classic film Smokey and the Bandit. My own Grandfather who was a long haul trucker in the 70's would smuggle Coors back in the door panel of his Kenworth to drink when he got back home. Nowadays people like Sam Elliot represent Coors marketing.

I think this is the perfect beer, because it has outstanding quality for a mass produced beer. The impressive cultural impact of Coors is only matched by it's rich history. This Beer has been brewed the same way from Rocky Mountain Water since 1873, the same year that we got Levi Strauss and Colt's Single Action Army Revolver. The "Banquet" name is inspired by the miners who would come into town after a hard days work and enjoy Mr. Coors beer in the drinking establishments in Golden Co. In conclusion, whether you are a rock star, a hardworking blue collar American, or the leader of the free world, this beer does not discriminate. Folks from all backgrounds and all walks of life have been enjoying this beer for close to 150 years, and will still be enjoying it into the foreseeable future.

Coors Banquet from Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Beer rating: 2.6 out of 5 with 3,043 ratings