Coors Banquet | Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Coors BanquetCoors Banquet
2.59/5
Poor
Coors BanquetCoors Banquet

Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Colorado, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Coors Banquet is brewed with 100% Rocky Mountain water and Moravian barley from many generations of family farmers. True to its roots, it is brewed only in one place, Golden, Colorado, and nowhere else.

Ingredients: Water, barley malt, corn syrup (dextrose), yeast, hop extract

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001

Ratings: 3,022 |  Reviews: 752
3.17/5  rDev +22.4%

Run of the mill American lager. Nothing fancy about it. Very easy to knock back.

3.62/5  rDev +39.8%

I tend to like lighter lagers and perhaps my love of Coors is somewhat sentimental but I like the clean taste and very little bitterness in the aftertaste. Coors always reminds me of the first few times I drank beer. Good American Classic

2.95/5  rDev +13.9%

3.35/5  rDev +29.3%

4.71/5  rDev +81.9%

My go to beer. Reasonably priced and the best of the macros period. Nice crisp refreshing taste. Super smooth.

4.05/5  rDev +56.4%

2.59/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.64/5  rDev +40.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.66/5  rDev +41.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Almost butter texture with nice refreshing malty finish. Amber color. Decent head. Great sippin beer

2.13/5  rDev -17.8%

2.7/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

one of the better beers from the large breweries...for what it is, its not bad...especially good in a can and straight out from the cooler ….its a standby at BBQs

3.27/5  rDev +26.3%

4.17/5  rDev +61%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

So I just want to say this and I have to admit I'm a bit of a beer snob. I tend to like craft beers and I lived in Portland Oregon for 10 years, home of craft brewing so to speak. Lately the grocery store down the street from me has had Coors 12-pack Pounders on sale for 10 bucks. And I've really developed a shining to this beer. It's not an amazing beer to write home about but it's actually not bad for mainstream big three beer. I'm drinking one right now. I'm usually an IPA guy but I also like something a little less hoppy once in awhile to kind of cleanse the palate. This beer is definitely doing the trick. I never thought of myself as a mainstream beer drinker but I could kind of see myself enjoying this beer and I do enjoy this beer to be honest. For what it is it's really not bad at all. When I'm on a budget my usual go-to of course is PBR. But I think I might have to reconsider that. PBR is fine but I think Coors has a bit more of a robust flavor. Of all of shit beers that I love Olympia is probably my favorite but unfortunately I can't get that here in New Mexico. So I'm going to go ahead and say that Coors is my next option. I got to say the beer snob in me is a little ashamed of this post but I'm kind of digging Coors lately. I have a philosophy about popularity. And My Philosophy is sometimes things are popular because they're good. Not always but sometimes. I think this might be one of those cases. In any case to sum this all up Coors Banquet beer is perfectly adequate for those nights when you just want to catch a buzz and don't really care what you're drinking. If you're in one of those moods where you want to try new beers and experiment and really critique craft beers obviously this isn't a beer to throw into that mix. But if you just want to hang out with some friends have a good time don't want to wake up with that funky hoppy taste in your mouth the next morning after drinking IPA s. Then it's a perfectly adequate beer for those kind of occasions. It is what it is. It doesn't want to be pretentious it's just a decent beer that you can drink and doesn't taste horrible while you have fun with your friends. I think I might start keeping it in the mix even if it's no longer on sale. It's really just not a bad beer at all.

Coors is my personal favorite beer. Since turning 21 about 2 years ago I have bought and consumed gallons upon gallons of this stuff. Why do I like it so much? An ice cold Coors tastes like the perfect beer, there is nothing fancy about it, it needs no gimmick relating to taste like so many craft or "trendy" beers rely on. It is simply a beer, a pale colored American style lager with a 5% alcohol content to boot. Whether you are out working on a hot July day, wrenching in a freezing cold garage in January, or simply enjoying one with a fine meal a Coors always accompanies any situation perfectly. It smells delicious, one whiff of one and I am eager to consume it. It goes down smooth, and as I mentioned it tastes incredible, whether you are enjoying it in a can or in one of the retro style stubby bottles. I enjoy this beer year round, any time day or night.

Some say Coors' popularity comes from the perceived forbidden qualities of it's past. This beer was illegal East of the Mississippi river until the 1980's due to the alcohol content. However it has always had a huge following, not just in the Western United States. Keith Richards loved Coors, and would have it flown in wherever the Stones were touring. President Eisenhower would have Coors flown in to enjoy with dinner at the White House. Cases were smuggled East back in the day and sold for 3x their actual cost, which of course inspired the classic film Smokey and the Bandit. My own Grandfather who was a long haul trucker in the 70's would smuggle Coors back in the door panel of his Kenworth to drink when he got back home. Nowadays people like Sam Elliot represent Coors marketing.

I think this is the perfect beer, because it has outstanding quality for a mass produced beer. The impressive cultural impact of Coors is only matched by it's rich history. This Beer has been brewed the same way from Rocky Mountain Water since 1873, the same year that we got Levi Strauss and Colt's Single Action Army Revolver. The "Banquet" name is inspired by the miners who would come into town after a hard days work and enjoy Mr. Coors beer in the drinking establishments in Golden Co. In conclusion, whether you are a rock star, a hardworking blue collar American, or the leader of the free world, this beer does not discriminate. Folks from all backgrounds and all walks of life have been enjoying this beer for close to 150 years, and will still be enjoying it into the foreseeable future.

3.5/5  rDev +35.1%

Again not a bad beer. I buy it from time to time. Usually find this one in the ice at bbqs. Won’t ever turn one down. Smooth,easy drinking and refreshing. Love the yellow can too.Cheers.

1.17/5  rDev -54.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

3.83/5  rDev +47.9%

1.56/5  rDev -39.8%

Many years ago when I was in college Coors had a cult following. Limited availability likely had something to do with it. No longer. Drank straight out of tall boy can, unfortunately the can imparts a significant aluminum taste. Bottled Coors is the better way to imbibe. But otherwise I detect a lot of not very much. Slight rice flavor. Simple Rocky Mountain spring water I guess. Not a lot to recommend.

2.28/5  rDev -12%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Brings back drive in movies memories of the late 70's... Have it in the pint cans... Not bad for a 80 degree Kentucky day. And with sa frosty mug... Well just about anything can be appreciated... Not to mention the benefit of a 5.0 ABC...

2.5/5  rDev -3.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.25/5  rDev -13.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

3.64/5  rDev +40.5%

Coors Banquet from Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Beer rating: 2.59 out of 5 with 3,022 ratings