Coors | Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company
Colorado, United States
coors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewing with water, barley malt, corn, yeast and hops.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001

Ratings: 2,906 |  Reviews: 722

2.5/5  rDev -8.1%

3.5/5  rDev +28.7%

2.5/5  rDev -8.1%

4.35/5  rDev +59.9%

This is from the Commemorative #3 1980 12oz can, poured into a glass mug. Good until July 8, 2013.
This is my first time tasting Coors "Banquet" Beer.

A- Clear yellow with a one finger head that fizzles away to a very thin soapy head. Bubbles are streaming up. It looks alright for an AAL. Surprisingly leaves some lacing.

S- Corn, grains, mineral water. No bad smells.

T- Light corn taste, some maltiness, grainy. No bitterness, but there's just a teeny tiny hint of a hop towards the end. The taste doesn't linger. It's a good taste.

M- Light, thin, watery. No too much carbonation.

Drinkability- Extremely drinkable.

O- Overall, this is a great smooth AAL. Very refreshing and tastes quite good. I will be buying more of Coors. I just became a fan of this beer.

2.25/5  rDev -17.3%

1.25/5  rDev -54%

4.46/5  rDev +64%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

I consider Coors Banquet beer a go-to beer that I always keep in the fridge. Its cheap, refreshing, and very tasty. I've had Coors in the glass bottle, aluminum bottle, and aluminum can. For whatever reason I prefer the can since the metallic properties of the aluminum blend well with the Coors recipe. Along with the aluminum bottle is a bit more expensive around my area.
Anyways Coors doesn't look like anything special when poured into a glass or my glass boot replica from beerfest. A pale yellowish color shared by many lagers and pilsners. It has a nice white foamy head to it if poured right.
Smellwise it has a faint smell of barley and something that's well balanced that I can't quite put my finger on. To say the least I have smelled much worse beers out there.
For taste I had a love/hate relationship at first. To me it had an odd aftertaste to it which was unique. Nowadays though Coors has a very refreshing taste to me. Not much sounds better to me than popping a cold Coors after a long day of work. In the mouth it its very balanced and refreshing. Overall Coors Banquet beer is in my top 10 and will probably always be my go-to beer for years to come.

3.31/5  rDev +21.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.5

This inexpensive American classic can't be stopped. Though it's available in a bottle and on tap(rarely found in my part on the woods), you just can't beat it in a can. When served in an ice-cold can, Coors is truly an enjoyable brew. Just pop the top, punch a hole in the top, and let it flow. For a day on the beach, forget the Silver Bullet, and reach for the 'Original'.

3.8/5  rDev +39.7%

Here I have a Coors (original), not too bad. Opened a bottle from a 6-pack. purchased cold and consumed very cold. The best out of the adjuncts in my opinion. This beer has been enjoyed a many night in the Rocky Mountains of central Colorado. I've toured the famed Coors Brewery in Golden, witnessed the river flowing into their operation, indeed flowing out of the mountains. Driven by many of cold mornings, seeing the brewery in full swing with mass production. My point is, this beer is the flagship of Adolf Coors and his legacy. I'm sure it's been watered down and modified for mass production and distribution since its original inception years ago. So we have the modern day Banquet beer, as it were. It is what it is, Coors present tense. Still my favorite sessionable adjunct American Lager. Pound them down cold. Not for everyone.

2.25/5  rDev -17.3%

3.27/5  rDev +20.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Arguably the best of the macros, I kept this on my porch during a blizzard. Its Coors, its meant to be enjoyed cold, and sucked down rather quickly. No hops presences, almost a syrupy flavor, but one thats actually pleasing. Whether or not you like it, you have to agree that it tastes like SOMETHING, which is sadly more than you can say about its competition. One of those classic cookout beers, you can drink a ton without feeling sick. Coors has tried to step up their game as of late with Third Shift and Batch 19, and in hindsight, Coors banquet ain't so bad. Just don't expect a new "usual"

Coors from Coors Brewing Company