Coors | Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company
Colorado, United States
coors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewing with water, barley malt, corn, yeast and hops.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001

2.7

Reviews: 685 | Ratings: 2,797
2.15/5  rDev -20.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Very clear, quickly dissipating head. Smells of sweet apples. Little bit of grainy flavor similar to a Grain belt but not as pronounced. Creamier mouthfeel compared to other American Lagers.

1.34/5  rDev -50.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

I am tired of being forced to write reviews.

My Dad always said was upholding a lifelong boycott ever since 1966... guess it wasn't only about the racism.

3.05/5  rDev +13%

12oz throwback bottles consumed yesterday while painting.
Pale yellow decent head. Grainy corny with a hint of sweetness. Easy to drink a bit watery, but did the trick.

4.33/5  rDev +60.4%

A perfect beer for what it is. Nice flavor and easy refreshing reliable stand-by. Sometimes I don't want to roll the dice after I'm done cutting the grass.

I remember Coors not selling this beer east of the Mississippi River. I had my first one in 1973 when in Colorado and thought, why all the fuss. I started brewing beer in 1985 and began to appreciate how well made this beer is. Nice hop malt balance and you can taste the malt on the finish. A clean light beer, something that is harder to brew then the ales and lagers with higher gravities and more hops. There is no hiding flavors here. A great work of brewers art.

4.8/5  rDev +77.8%

One of the top brews in my favorite category - the American Adjunct Lager. Tastes great cold out of a bottle on a hot summer day at the ballpark or cutting the lawn. You can't go wrong with the Banquet!

Had to rate this one all 5's. Just trying to balance all the ignorant reviews. Half of the guys on those site don't really have a good palate, don't drink much, don't live in beer towns like I do. Durango, Colorado. I drink more craft beer brewed in my town than 90% of these "bros" and reviewers. Half you morons are saying Miller high lige and PBR are better. That's laughable. This beer is decent for the price. Decent flavors. Def. Can tell its made with decent quality barley malts, grains, and hops. Better than PBR, Busch, any miller, bud, and all the other american adjuncts. Keep drinking your Milwaukee's best "bros" . I'm sure that's a craft beer in your minds.

2.81/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

I'm used to Coor's Light until I was introduced to classic Coors. Not a bad beer, I don't recommend it compared to any other beer, but definitely take this over Coors Light!

3.5/5  rDev +29.6%

Poured from a 12 OZ "stubby" into a pint glass.
Aroma- Has that AAL smell of grain and corn. This to me is not awful but just common.
Appearance- Pours a golden yellow, a pun from the beer from "Golden, CO."
Taste- Not bad, i haven't had this beer in decades and it was very refreshing.
Palate- A light bodied beer with moderate to heavy carbonation. It finishes clean and smooth.
Overall- This is a macro, but a really good macro to me. I prefer this beer in bottles and i hear quite often the cans have a metallic aftertaste. Try a bottle and see what you think.

4.23/5  rDev +56.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

After a few years of pine, tropical fruits, weedy, roasted cocoa, bourbon, vanilla, smoke---I think you catch my drift--- today I just wanted a freakin...beer.
Now why choose Coors Banquet, I dunno, but I've been there a number of years ago so what the heck.
What I love about this beer is that no adjunct here. What I'm getting is barley, yeast and malt, simplicity. Not a beer you want warming up though.
This works for me.

4.87/5  rDev +80.4%

This is one of my favorites. It's light, refreshing and tastes like a good beer. It's not overpriced. I just Coors would push it more around here, Philadelphia. It isn't commonly found in bars and restaurants. Coors Light is literally everywhere.

1.75/5  rDev -35.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Because of the higher alcohol content from any other beer we had in indiana in the 80's,I used to like going over to illinois to get some coors on weekends...kids! how ri·dic·u·lous!....and indiana is still on the blue law today! cuh-razy!
I lived in colorado for years and hardly ever drank it then! ha!
My mom drinks this swill today,but i don't even know why...
coors is just awful, imho.

3.84/5  rDev +42.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Straw with a hint of gold. A little darker than most BMC AALs. Pours with a frothy head that goes away rather quickly. There is a slight sour smell that accompanies the corn and barley. A trace of hops is also present. The taste is kinda sour with a nutty finish and slight sweetness. Medium body and semi-dry. Overall, A solid beer. I like the bit of sour I get from it. This is a go-to beer for me that I have enjoyed for almost twenty years.

16 oz can
Best by: APR/06/15
Served in a Pilsner glass

3.4/5  rDev +25.9%

If we're rating by style, this is a great swill beer. One of the fuller bodied adjunct lagers without the off flavors that makes most of the style so damn undrinkable.

Cheap beer has its time and place. 85% of the time I'm going to drink craft. The other 15%, this beer is my go to.

4.39/5  rDev +62.6%

I don't know why I avoided the banquet beer for so long. This is the smoothest american macro of the bunch. Great taste, goes down easy, and has a pleasant aftertaste. Maybe Coors is on to something with this one.....this is a great goto beer.

2.4/5  rDev -11.1%

Much better than Coors Light I admit. Pours a golden yellow with a quickly dissipating head. A slight sweet aroma and taste which is refreshing with little bitterness. Not bad for a macro brew Pale Lager.

1.51/5  rDev -44.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

This is the worst macro lager I've ever tasted. And I've had them all. And I've even enjoyed a couple. Miller High Life and PBR come to mind.

I think the main problem I have is it has a sweet flavor with a metallic finish. I guess that's all you need to know.

1.81/5  rDev -33%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

Better than Miller, Busch or Budweiser, but not much else. Typical grainy mass brewed North American beer with no hops at all, nothing exciting or exceptional.

2.46/5  rDev -8.9%

Exactly what you expect from American Adjunct Lager style. Pours a clear light yellow body with a small white head. Aromas are scrubbed of anything interesting except for a hint of grain and chem-lab memories. Flavors of light grain and a touch of chamomile are weak and sheepish. Feels light and crisp, its mouthfeel being its most redeeming quality.

3.1/5  rDev +14.8%

Serving Type: 355mL Can

A- Pours clear and golden. Typical of the style.

S- Sweet cereal grains and slight corn sweetness. No hint of any sort of bitterness.

T- Like the aroma, the taste is sweet. Cereal grains and that's about it.

M- High Carbonation. Extremely bubbly in the mouth.

O- When looking at this beer from a background of Craft Beer, Coors is about as low as you can get. It is uninteresting in about every aspect. Despite that crutch, it's non offensive and that's the point. It's a beer for the masses. It's a crisp and clean taste that is extremely refreshing.

2.06/5  rDev -23.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2

looks pale yellow, similar to its lighter alternative

smells pretty bad lets just say that

tastes even worse than coors light but same old watery brew.

mouthfeel is by far best attribute. In this department its like a normal beer..

overall its a 2.00, terrible.

2.75/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

I am not sure why, but Coors has a mystique for this Canadian kid. I clearly remember what a big deal it was when Coors came to Alberta in the 1980s. For whatever reason, it disappeared until the last couple of years. It amazes me that people pay nearly $30 for a dozen Banquets in Alberta. For a mass produced lager, this is as good as it gets. It looks like beer, smells like a vegetable garden, and has a surprisingly refreshing taste. This batch cost me $21 for a 30 pack, so I'm planning to make it last for the rest of the month. A Coors a day keeps the doctor away?

3.4/5  rDev +25.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

For a macro brew, this holds its own, with a crisp taste that doesn't feel as watered down as other 24 pack contemporaries in the grocery aisle. It would complement a cheeseburger on a hot day.

2.5/5  rDev -7.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours a clear straw color with a 2 inch head that dissipates quickly leaving no lacing down a goblet glass.

Smell is of grains and lager yeast not much more.

Taste is ok. The classic grain taste from an american lager with very little hop presence.

Mouthfeel is very effervescent. Lots of carbonation and a light mouthfeel.

Overall, an average beer. Nothing special but not anything I would turn down. I will not seek this out but if it is all I can get, Ill take it.

2.17/5  rDev -19.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

For what it is, this isn't TO bad. Kinda watery compared to say, PBR? BUT, compared to Bud & its rubber taste & high life's extreme corn...I'd have to go with the Banquet.

Coors from Coors Brewing Company