Keystone Light | Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Keystone LightKeystone Light
1.73/5
Awful
Keystone LightKeystone Light

Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Colorado, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Light Lager

Brewed since 1989, Keystone Light is a triple-filtered American-style light lager. Or as we like to say, it’s the smoothest of smooth. Keystone Light has a clean, crisp taste and smooth finish, making it the beer of choice for those who want to grab life by the ‘Stones. So, what are you waiting for? Stop reading and get grabbing. Looking for something bolder? Pick up Keystone Ice.

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 522 | Ratings: 2,103

Keystone light is utterly, downright DISGUSTING. Whoever brews this heinous beer owes me back my money because you single-handedly ruined my birthday. There I am birthday chalice in hand, enjoying a light mixed vodka drink and someone asks, "Alyssa, game of boom?" im like, "yeah" and I go the whole game without getting stacked because i'm unreal, until i'm not. I get stacked and I drink this WARM, venomous liquid and this is when my night went from great to idk. I spent THREE hours over the toliet, thanks keystone light.

4.4/5  rDev +154.3%

I've tried Coors and Coors Light... OK but not really worth all the hype. My brother introduced me to Keystone Light. I liked it and started buying it. It was a few years later when I read the can and found out that it was made by Coors.

Bottom Line?... I like what I like. I DON'T like most of the beers that most people rave about. I simply like Keystone Light.

3.94/5  rDev +127.7%

I am going to put this exactly how it should be. This brew is an extremely average macro. There is nothing great about it but, in the same sense there is nothing bad. I would consider keystone lite as the “little brother” to miller lite with a similar lite taste with just a little less to it. Now, with it being really average the thing that makes this a must buy is that it is one of the cheapest beers a person can purchase. Keystone lite is great for college and it never disappoints. It will never surprise you or knock your socks off. It is just extremely cheap and consistent. Definitely top 2 or 3 cheap macros out there when you configure price and consistency in there!

Keystone Light Beer has a perfect beer aroma and taste. Beautiful golden color. Not bitter from too many hops, no moldy lager smell, yet a crisp clean flavor that you can drink and drink and drink. Thank you to the maker.

3.24/5  rDev +87.3%

My two favorite beers are Murphys Stout, and Guinness Stout, having said that, this is a great light beer when taste is of no importance. I haven't had it years, but it is actually better than the Stella Artois I drank this weekend. For the price , it is impressive, it isn't offensive, and goes down like water with a nice happy buzz.

4.89/5  rDev +182.7%

A light Beer that surprisingly tastes like a full Beer.
The look is run of the mill. Typical light, clear pale color. The presentation and layout of the can is not so great but still nice for a economic beer. Talking about the smell, or a lack there of. Not a whole lot in terms of aroma. The nose is very subtle consisting of lightly sweet white bread. Moving on to taste. Surprisingly, this beer has a pretty decent flavor. Big yeast and white bread at the top. The middle builds up to pale malt character with a hint of hops. The finish is very clean with the addition of a toasted note. The adjuct is well hidden. If you drink coors, you can definitely tell this beer is the affordable little brother. The feel is one of the high points of this beer. Medium body, Not watery like i was expecting. Carbonation is high. Overall good beerto have with a meal. Pretty good!

1.75/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Take a traditional light beer, cut it in half with water, and this beer is what you'll get.
Pours as light a color that it almost does not resemble beer. The taste, mouthfeel and aftertaste are all light bodied and weak.
It is not a terrible brew, possibly saved by the fact that it is dirt cheap.

1.68/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Another beer that will easily get you drunk if you are "balling on a budget". If you are truly trying to expand your beer drinking horizon, I doubt you will be searching for a beer like Keystone Light that you can find at your local convenience store (or liquor store if you live in a state that does not allow alcohol to be served in convenience stores). This is not a beer that is drank for taste.

2.95/5  rDev +70.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I'm not really a light beer drinker, but thought I would give this a try. Not too bad, clean refreshing, nice hops bite. Not much body, but didn't expect much. Can taste the Coors barley. At 4.1% its a decent session beer. I haven't seen regular Keystone Beer since I lived down south years ago, but that was decent as I recall. It is what it is.

4.77/5  rDev +175.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 5

Again another inexpensive beer that kills over price swill keystone light is a budget beer with a quality taste kills Coors light never again again 99 cents vs 229 or 9.99 case vs 18.99 better taste and lower price keystone light winner

3.75/5  rDev +116.8%

My grandpa used to say beer is beer and there is nothing better then a working mans beer. This is beer it has a water feel to it. It isnt a high end snob beer but lick my knob beer snobs. I like everything that has to do with booze and beer and this is another one of my go to beers. Cheap and after enough of them you'll get where you want to be. By enough I mean its like 25 the abv isnt really high. But anyway if you work hard and like light beer give it a try best way to figure out if you like it or not is to try it. People have different taste and it gets bad reviews by beer snobs. I dont drink fancy beer to me its fruity and no manly at all.

2.55/5  rDev +47.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

This beer tastes like a whisper from an American Adjunct Lager from across a dirty old pool hall. And I don't hate that.

Poured into a Royal Goarge souveneir pint glass.

The color is pale, pale yellow. It's possibly the lightest colored beer out there. I have no evidence to back this up. It's just my initial perception.
Whitish head leaves no trace after 30 seconds.
Highly carbonated, very thin mouthfeel.
The flavor, and I hesitate to use that term, is like someone diluted 4 parts American Adjunct Lager with 1 part club soda.

Will drink again. The price point of this beer is exellent and it's a nice palet cleanser between better beers on an evening where water isn't on the menu. It's also fine for mixing with 1.5 cups of all purpose flour and an egg to make a batter for onion rings. I don't hate this beer as much as I should but even losers need friends. I'll be your friend, Keystone Light.

1.25/5  rDev -27.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

My friends brought this for themselves to a tailgate....seriously, just...awful. Splitting hairs as to how to differentiate which of these low enders are worse than others. Don't even bother trying. Awful

2.57/5  rDev +48.6%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

24 Oz Can poured into glass
Look - almost translucent, barely yellow colored extremely clear like water. Minimal foam head and a smidge of glass lacing
Smell - basically just corn, corn syrup, yeast. Very sweet.
Taste - similar to Michelob Ultra, get that marshmellow flavor. It's certainly different than Coors Light...but not that much. It's still very light and carbonated with the corn flavor. Extremely sweet and no bitterness. Somewhat drinkable but medium-high carbonation.

Overall, this is 99 cents for a reason, its basically marshmellow flavored water that gives you a buzz. I can't drink much of this stuff, just not good enough. Grade is a C

I drove all the way here and all you have for me is light beer! I like it and it once again a welcome break from all the overwhelming variety of craft brews! Still not as good as Hamm's though!

1.64/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.5

I guess it goes down easily enough and it's so tasteless as to be inoffensive but also it is hell juice. Has one task and it does it well, sadly that task is just making the floors sticky at frat parties

3.38/5  rDev +95.4%

Good taste and feel. Smooth and goes down easy. Great to kick back a couple after working in the yard. Gives off a nice lace pattern each and every time.

2.9/5  rDev +67.6%

Looks like your typical American light beer. Smell isn't all that great, some off putting aroma, almost "bitter" smelling that I can't quite figure, stale bread..... Taste is better, slightly sweet, more doughy uncooked bread notes (yeast(y)), think stale Hawaiian sweet rolls. Maybe both. It definitely isn't massive on flavor. Not completely offensive, but then again, I am seven stones in now. I don't see how anyone can compare this to Coors Light. It has a different mouthfeel and flavor profile, IMHO. Coors Light is a bit smoother without the pungent nose and has a cleaner taste, albeit more expensive. Just my opinion, not world class but completely unoffensive at less than 8 bucks for 15 brews (local Fl walmart). I could drink these all day. Not a bad job from Coors for a broke ass white boy.

3.75/5  rDev +116.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Not bad. Slightly fuller mouthfeel than Coors Light. It’s a light beer that’s crushable and refreshing. You can get yourself a 30 pack have a fine day. Bbqs, after yard work. Whatever. Cheers.

1.12/5  rDev -35.3%

We need to talk. Keystone Light has raised and helped answer more questions in me than I could have hoped to ask before sitting down for this tasting. Specifically, how I can corral and hone my reviewing skills and criteria. First, let's discuss my actual review of each element of the beer above: what exactly am I looking for in how a beer looks? Sure, I can dismiss the green-tinted and crystal clear piss color of this beer as a minor defect in its presentation; I can be pleased by the lasting, champagne-like bubbles moving up the glass; I can ignore the lack of discernible head. But what do I accomplish here by dropping the visual value of this beer down to a 1.25? What truly warrants such an awful review? This is obviously a difficult question to consider, as it brings to the surface a whole host of other complications in taste and the subjective search for quality. I will make no illusion of remaining objective here, though the closest I will get is that I truly believe this beer deserves such a heinous rating not because it does much wrong, but because it patently fails to get anything right. Keystone Light could have swept over its visual failures if it had compensated in any other element, whether graphic design, smell, taste, or adequate carbonation. Any improvement in these areas could have limited such a biting critique of the others, as the overall experience would be elevated to a point where the whole experience is not looked back upon as if it were some twisted animal dead, though still bleeding, on the highway. And make no mistake in believing what may be assumed from these initial comments: this beer is no blank slate. This is no Natural Light or Heinekin Light. Instead of limiting the flavor and odor of the beer to make it more drinkable, the brewers here decided to blatantly insult the drinker by filling it with a revolting tone of spoiled onion and dog food. The smell is almost more offensive, as if hot garbage had been added to the grain. Why anyone would voluntarily purchase this beer while the price point would also allow for a 30 rack of Hamm's, Grain Belt, or Schlitz is beyond me. Only the most vulgar and degenerate of frat bros will enjoy smashing a couple Keystone Lights. Avoid this beer like the plague. I feel the poison creeping in already.

3.69/5  rDev +113.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Keystone light. Beter than I thought it would be. I am an avid craft beer drinker and brewer and have ben since 1981. I recently switched to light beer to cut down on the calories. My go to is Lite by miller becaue of the nice hop (saaz) flavor. I thiugt I would try Keystone Light (price - $6.50 15 12 oz cans) and was pleasantly surprised. A nicely balanced light beer with a sweet malty after taste. I notice most on here don't like it - but hey it is a light beeer and not a bad example of the style.

2.64/5  rDev +52.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Keystone Light is my dad's favorite beer.

For a mainstream light lager, this stuff is okay. Tastes very similar to a regular Coors, which isn't that surprising since it's the same brewer. I'll give it one thing, it does go down fairly smooth like the commercials say. Keystone Light is worth a try, just don't accidentally get the "Ice" variant because it's pretty bad.

3.6/5  rDev +108.1%

Best hydration a light beer can offer, I won't get hungover or have head-aches when working or playing outside in the sun while drinking this beer. Fresh clean snow melt water for an amazing price. My "go to beer" for guiltless, affordable, delicous, and responsibly paced beer enjoyment.

1.33/5  rDev -23.1%
look: 3 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

I love good beer but I also love beer pong. This is a solid beer for that and my go-to when I have a few buddies over to play. Cheap, and drinking it tastes like a punishment, the exact qualities I want in a beer pong beer. I wouldn't drink this recreationally unless it was free in a social setting, but there are not really any offensive flavors. Remarkably light bodied with almost no real flavor to speak of. I wouldn't be surprised if I was told that there were no hops used in the production of this beer. Overcarbinated like most of the beers in this category.

As I said, it gets the job done for what it is. I don't think I will ever hear anyone make an argument for it being a tasty brew though. I'll still give them my business once in a while.

1.08/5  rDev -37.6%

toilet water beer. One of the few out there that even at a hedonistic college party I would turn down to avoid compromising my own moral beer compass.

Keystone Light from Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Beer rating: 1.73 out of 5 with 2,103 ratings