Keystone Light | Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Keystone LightKeystone Light
1.81/5
Awful
Keystone LightKeystone Light

Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Colorado, United States
millercoors.com

Style: Light Lager

Brewed since 1989, Keystone Light is a triple-filtered American-style light lager. Or as we like to say, it’s the smoothest of smooth. Keystone Light has a clean, crisp taste and smooth finish, making it the beer of choice for those who want to grab life by the ‘Stones. So, what are you waiting for? Stop reading and get grabbing. Looking for something bolder? Pick up Keystone Ice.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 10-25-2001

Ratings: 2,051 |  Reviews: 504
3.75/5  rDev +107.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Not bad. Slightly fuller mouthfeel than Coors Light. It’s a light beer that’s crushable and refreshing. You can get yourself a 30 pack have a fine day. Bbqs, after yard work. Whatever. Cheers.

1.12/5  rDev -38.1%

We need to talk. Keystone Light has raised and helped answer more questions in me than I could have hoped to ask before sitting down for this tasting. Specifically, how I can corral and hone my reviewing skills and criteria. First, let's discuss my actual review of each element of the beer above: what exactly am I looking for in how a beer looks? Sure, I can dismiss the green-tinted and crystal clear piss color of this beer as a minor defect in its presentation; I can be pleased by the lasting, champagne-like bubbles moving up the glass; I can ignore the lack of discernible head. But what do I accomplish here by dropping the visual value of this beer down to a 1.25? What truly warrants such an awful review? This is obviously a difficult question to consider, as it brings to the surface a whole host of other complications in taste and the subjective search for quality. I will make no illusion of remaining objective here, though the closest I will get is that I truly believe this beer deserves such a heinous rating not because it does much wrong, but because it patently fails to get anything right. Keystone Light could have swept over its visual failures if it had compensated in any other element, whether graphic design, smell, taste, or adequate carbonation. Any improvement in these areas could have limited such a biting critique of the others, as the overall experience would be elevated to a point where the whole experience is not looked back upon as if it were some twisted animal dead, though still bleeding, on the highway. And make no mistake in believing what may be assumed from these initial comments: this beer is no blank slate. This is no Natural Light or Heinekin Light. Instead of limiting the flavor and odor of the beer to make it more drinkable, the brewers here decided to blatantly insult the drinker by filling it with a revolting tone of spoiled onion and dog food. The smell is almost more offensive, as if hot garbage had been added to the grain. Why anyone would voluntarily purchase this beer while the price point would also allow for a 30 rack of Hamm's, Grain Belt, or Schlitz is beyond me. Only the most vulgar and degenerate of frat bros will enjoy smashing a couple Keystone Lights. Avoid this beer like the plague. I feel the poison creeping in already.

1.5/5  rDev -17.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.09/5  rDev -39.8%

2.05/5  rDev +13.3%

3.16/5  rDev +74.6%

Hey hey hey, let's go easy on Keystone lol. It's not bad at all.

3.69/5  rDev +103.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Keystone light. Beter than I thought it would be. I am an avid craft beer drinker and brewer and have ben since 1981. I recently switched to light beer to cut down on the calories. My go to is Lite by miller becaue of the nice hop (saaz) flavor. I thiugt I would try Keystone Light (price - $6.50 15 12 oz cans) and was pleasantly surprised. A nicely balanced light beer with a sweet malty after taste. I notice most on here don't like it - but hey it is a light beeer and not a bad example of the style.

1.98/5  rDev +9.4%

1.1/5  rDev -39.2%

Garbage poor people beer

3.29/5  rDev +81.8%
look: 2 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

1.53/5  rDev -15.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

2.64/5  rDev +45.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Keystone Light is my dad's favorite beer.

For a mainstream light lager, this stuff is okay. Tastes very similar to a regular Coors, which isn't that surprising since it's the same brewer. I'll give it one thing, it does go down fairly smooth like the commercials say. Keystone Light is worth a try, just don't accidentally get the "Ice" variant because it's pretty bad.

3.6/5  rDev +98.9%

Best hydration a light beer can offer, I won't get hungover or have head-aches when working or playing outside in the sun while drinking this beer. Fresh clean snow melt water for an amazing price. My "go to beer" for guiltless, affordable, delicous, and responsibly paced beer enjoyment.

1.33/5  rDev -26.5%
look: 3 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

I love good beer but I also love beer pong. This is a solid beer for that and my go-to when I have a few buddies over to play. Cheap, and drinking it tastes like a punishment, the exact qualities I want in a beer pong beer. I wouldn't drink this recreationally unless it was free in a social setting, but there are not really any offensive flavors. Remarkably light bodied with almost no real flavor to speak of. I wouldn't be surprised if I was told that there were no hops used in the production of this beer. Overcarbinated like most of the beers in this category.

As I said, it gets the job done for what it is. I don't think I will ever hear anyone make an argument for it being a tasty brew though. I'll still give them my business once in a while.

1.11/5  rDev -38.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

1.08/5  rDev -40.3%

toilet water beer. One of the few out there that even at a hedonistic college party I would turn down to avoid compromising my own moral beer compass.

1.99/5  rDev +9.9%

3.57/5  rDev +97.2%

The closer you get to the Coors brewery, the better/fresher it tastes. Priced low and it's a great alternative when you want variety.

1.66/5  rDev -8.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

1.02/5  rDev -43.6%

3.25/5  rDev +79.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Clear pale gold with one finger of white head.
Smell is mild sweetness with a hint of floral hops.
Taste is mildly sweet with a kiss of hop bitterness at the end.
Mouthfeel is light and well carbonated. The finish is balanced and lightly dry.
Overall a good beer if you like light lagers.

1.5/5  rDev -17.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Keystone Light from Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Beer rating: 1.81 out of 5 with 2,051 ratings