Keystone Light
Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Keystone LightKeystone Light
Score:
Ranked #47,996
1.73 | pDev: 42.77%
From:
Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Colorado, United States
Avail:
Year-round
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Awful
Keystone LightKeystone Light
Notes: Brewed since 1989, Keystone Light is a triple-filtered American-style light lager. Or as we like to say, it’s the smoothest of smooth. Keystone Light has a clean, crisp taste and smooth finish, making it the beer of choice for those who want to grab life by the ‘Stones. So, what are you waiting for? Stop reading and get grabbing. Looking for something bolder? Pick up Keystone Ice.
Reviews: 525 | Ratings: 2,107
Reviews by Jerrypbubba:
3.24/5  rDev +87.3%

My two favorite beers are Murphys Stout, and Guinness Stout, having said that, this is a great light beer when taste is of no importance. I haven't had it years, but it is actually better than the Stella Artois I drank this weekend. For the price , it is impressive, it isn't offensive, and goes down like water with a nice happy buzz.

2.58/5  rDev +49.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

This is another underrated affordable beer. I mean seriously, its clear and crisp and made for a college dorm. It goes down super fast and was always perfect for beer bonging. Like most beers its taste is better in a bottle than can. It is pretty weak so to get buzzed for a big man it takes a lot. Drinking 30 stones could be an all night endeavor.

3.63/5  rDev +109.8%

Think back to a time when you were buying a drink at a gas station and had to go back to your car to get change because the money you had in your hand wasn't enough? Got it? Okay, no hold that mindset. A 30 pack of Keystone Lights will run you approximately $15 American dollars, averaging out to 1 beer for every $0.50. $0.50 fucking cents. Barging for you your buck? Say fucking less. Now enough with the tomfoolery, let's get to the taste. Like the town it's brewed in, a mouthful of Keystone Light tastes like God's breastmilk raining down and filling every man's beer cup with golden deliciousness. The smell may be deceiving, like a fox, but don't let that shit fool you, the taste is killerrrrrrrrrrr. The look of this draft reminds me of the day after a heavy bender, and I'm taking a piss, and when I look down I realize I'm hydrated as fuck. I'd still drink it though, no doubt in my beer drinkin' mind. Minimal burps with this brew also, so she's smooth as a baby's bottom going down. It'll get ya dancin' like a cat on a hot tin roof. Paul likes it too. So yea. 3.5/5 stars.

3.69/5  rDev +113.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Keystone light. Beter than I thought it would be. I am an avid craft beer drinker and brewer and have ben since 1981. I recently switched to light beer to cut down on the calories. My go to is Lite by miller becaue of the nice hop (saaz) flavor. I thiugt I would try Keystone Light (price - $6.50 15 12 oz cans) and was pleasantly surprised. A nicely balanced light beer with a sweet malty after taste. I notice most on here don't like it - but hey it is a light beeer and not a bad example of the style.

3.25/5  rDev +87.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Clear pale gold with one finger of white head.
Smell is mild sweetness with a hint of floral hops.
Taste is mildly sweet with a kiss of hop bitterness at the end.
Mouthfeel is light and well carbonated. The finish is balanced and lightly dry.
Overall a good beer if you like light lagers.

3.02/5  rDev +74.6%

For what it is it's great. I'm an IPA guy. I love hoppy balanced beer. But this is a cheap decent beer. I like it better than natural light. If you're in college or want a cheap beach/pool beer you can't beat it. 30 stones for less than $15? Hell yeah!

3.9/5  rDev +125.4%

I'm not going to get into a lengthy review over this stuff but all things considered of it being a macro light that you can pick up a 15 pack for 7.99 I gotta say this is the best shitty beer I've ever tried.

Please keep offering the 12 oz. size, that's all I ever want. I've bought this beer every year it's been in existence and it's the only beer I drink.

3.6/5  rDev +108.1%

I like the beer it's cheap won't knock you on your ass like steel reserve or hurricane. Most of all it's refreshing when I think of beer that's literally my last thought. After working in the yard on a hot day or relaxing after work my go to beer. Draw back it's a cheap beer that takes many many beers to get you buzzed much less drunk if that's what you angle on drinking cheap beer is.

2.07/5  rDev +19.7%

12 oz can with no freshness date.

Appearance: Soda fizzle type head with no retention. Perfect strip filtered clarity showing a extremely pale yellow colour.

Smell: Clean with a faint astringent husky grain and creamed corn aroma.

Taste & Mouthfeel: Off slickness in the mouth with a dense crispness that seems too forced … added dextrins? Very little malt flavour at all, bitter bit from a flavourless hop and astringent grain show it has some beer quality but not much. Finishes dry with no after taste … almost like drinking nothing at all.

Notes: It is what it is, a cheap crappy light beer. For people that are so worried about the price of beer and think they need to drink light beer this is for them. Sadly what they spend on a six pack, which most down in less than an hour, they could buy one bottle of real ale from England and actually have some respect for beer. Or even a bomber of Euro lager with real hop flavour ...

3.6/5  rDev +108.1%

Best hydration a light beer can offer, I won't get hungover or have head-aches when working or playing outside in the sun while drinking this beer. Fresh clean snow melt water for an amazing price. My "go to beer" for guiltless, affordable, delicous, and responsibly paced beer enjoyment.

2.25/5  rDev +30.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

A - basically almost clear with no head.
S - light grains, white bread, light earthy american hops
T - light grains, white bread, earthy american hops
M - light light light - sparkling water anyone? Alc not present as far as i can tell. Aftertaste, well if you think this had an aftertaste you're the biggest vagina that's ever graced the presence of Michigan's Upper Penninsula.
O - well, its terrible, because it tastes like NOTHING. If you dont like this because it offends your fragile virgin tastebuds then you're the biggest pussy that's ever walked this earth. Seriously, chug a tall boy of Camo Black Ice and talk to me about bad. Millenial "my mommy and daddy still pay my rent and i'm 30 and i think keystone light has a bad taste" is why our country will lose the next big war.

Someone a while back told me he was at the coors beer tour and the tour guide asked the crowd what the difference of Coors light and Keystone light was. The answer was there was no difference. Tour guide went on to explain that when the light brew tank is emptied, the top half or so is bottled Coors light. The bottom of the tank is bottled Keystone light. Coors light is lighter, higher grade, and Keystone light is a little heavier. Probably what you all would call the bock of the tank. And this practice is part of all major breweries. The top half is higher grade and the lower half is lower grade. And that's all it is folks. Keystone light is actually tastier than Coors light. But Consumers want the top shelf stuff. Understood. I like Keystone light better than all the other light beers. I sometimes have to buy other light beers because Keystone isn't stocked. I really can't stand Busch light or Bud light. Miller lite is okay but is kind of flat tasting after a couple. Keystone light keeps up with taste. I am not a Keystone light homer but I like this beer in the Summer. Period. The College have no money get cheap beer thing gets old on here. I always go for Keystone light and I can afford expensive beer.

3.1/5  rDev +79.2%

There isn't anything to figure out here, it doesn't need to be poured or studied. This a quantity not quality lawnmower beer. Keep these ice cold and consume when the sun is warm or you're looking to catch a buzz on the cheap before a concert, cookout, sporting event, etc. If you honestly can't handle this fizzy water with alcohol and think it has a taste, then remove your tampon you Deluxe PUSSY.

3.68/5  rDev +112.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

It's a cheap beer when you want a beer. It's not so bad. Find myself repeatedly going back to this one. Give it a try. I don't buy craft beer anyway. Too expensive.

1.4/5  rDev -19.1%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Backlog.
12 oz can. I’m so surprised this got a better ranking than Coors Light. I’ve always heard that Keystone is the product that doesn’t pass Coors’ standards. It had better head retention and seemed to have more carbonation. Still, this is more macro swill.

1.96/5  rDev +13.3%

355ml can, a licensed version, at 4.0% ABV, made in Canada due to MolsonCoors' tendency to flood the local market with product duplication just because, well, they damned well want to.

This beer pours a crystal clear, bright, yet very, very pale yellow straw colour, with two fingers of fast-disappearing puffy and weakly foamy bone-white head, which leaves a bit of streaky lace around the glass.

It smells not so faintly of sweet, phenolic mashed corn, soaked white bread, and slightly vegetal and grassy, er, 'hops'. The taste is mildly grainy, actually none-too-sweet corn grist, stale, over-cooked rice, and equally less than subtle (as if we are forsaken) skanky, vegetal, and dead grassy hops.

The carbonation is moderate, and just a bit overwrought in its playful frothiness, the body most certainly lightweight, and unsurprisingly fairly watery. It finishes like a ghost, making you wonder if there was any beer there at all.

As much as I wanted to claim to the contrary, due in no small part to years of enduring those inane TV commercials, I can't say that this isn't smooth and drinkable - it is indeed that. What it isn't, of course, is worth imbibing if you're looking for flavour rather than a somewhat beer-adjacent stomach filler.

For a man of both macro and craft, this is my personal favorite macro American light. I poured it from the can into my trusty drinking boot for this review.
The appearance is light gold and very transparent, as with most brews of this style. Decent sized head, too.
Not much of an aroma here, so I can't honestly say its offensive to me. Nor can I say its the most amazing scent I've ever experienced, thus the 3 rating.
The mouthfeel is very light and crisp with virtually no lingering elements. This is expected with light American adjuncts, so I certainly wasn't disappointed.
The taste is very,very slightly more hoppy and noticeable than Coor's Light-the "main" light brew of the company. Another reason why I go for this when the occasion calls for it.
If I'm low on funds and just want something light, Keystone Light is my personal choice. For under $20 here in northeast Ohio, I really dig that price when I'm in a light beer mood. As I've said in my Budweiser review, while I venture out into more exciting territories in the world of craft brew, I have the old standby. This just so happens to be my light standby.

2.98/5  rDev +72.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

If you're looking for a light beer with reduced calories, this one fits the bill with just 104 calories, 5 grams of carbs, .7 grams of protein and 0 fat. It pours a crystal-clear light-gold body and a good-sized head of bright-white foam that vanishes almost immediately. Only a thread of a collar is left behind and, as might be expected, it leaves no lace. A generic beer aroma with a bit of yeasty sulphur greets you as you raise the glass - or specially lined can ;) - to your lips. The body is light and crisp with a fine, median level of carbonation that gives a bit of a tingle in the mouth. The flavor displays a quick note of sweet, adjunct laden malt before drying at mid-palate. It finishes dry with a light wash of alcohol and leaves just a thin film of sweetness in the mouth. It's a pretty vacant beer, but that's to be expected for the style. It's incredibly easy to drink - almost like a can of seltzer - but what's the point? There are more satisfying light beers available.

2.09/5  rDev +20.8%

Ewwww... bitter beer face! Those commercials were probably the only redeeming quality of this beer (I especially like the one with Goldberg in it). This is one of Coors subpremium brands that is promoted by saying it'll never give you "bitter beer face." While it is true that this is an easy one to pound down, take the time to taste it and you'll know why you're paying subpremium prices for this.

Keystone Light pours a sickly pale straw color that is similar to its cousin Coors Light. The thin fizzy head disappears almost instantly and the carbonation is quite active. With all the fizzing about, this beer is quite noisy! The nose smells of sweet grains, alcohol, and a slight husky smell. The mouthfeel of course is very watery and fizzy. On the tip of the tongue, the beer tasted slightly of lemon in a way. Elsewhere, it is very watery with the adjuncts, especially corn, make their way through. Throw in a slight alcohol taste in there too. The malt taste is extremely slight as is the hops, which are there mostly to add a miniscule amount of dryness to the finish. After all, this brew was made to be easy swillin'. Aftertaste is clean for the most part, with a slight veggie taste present along with some corn. The beer finishes with no alcoholic warmth.

I would recommend this over Coors Light because this stuff actually has some taste to it. Another beer best left to broke college kids.

1.33/5  rDev -23.1%
look: 3 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

I love good beer but I also love beer pong. This is a solid beer for that and my go-to when I have a few buddies over to play. Cheap, and drinking it tastes like a punishment, the exact qualities I want in a beer pong beer. I wouldn't drink this recreationally unless it was free in a social setting, but there are not really any offensive flavors. Remarkably light bodied with almost no real flavor to speak of. I wouldn't be surprised if I was told that there were no hops used in the production of this beer. Overcarbinated like most of the beers in this category.

As I said, it gets the job done for what it is. I don't think I will ever hear anyone make an argument for it being a tasty brew though. I'll still give them my business once in a while.

One of the best cheap light beers out there. Slightly fuller mouthfeel than Coors Light. It’s a light beer that’s crushable and refreshing. You can get yourself a 30 pack have a fine day. Bbqs, after yard work. Whatever. Cheers.

2.9/5  rDev +67.6%

Looks like your typical American light beer. Smell isn't all that great, some off putting aroma, almost "bitter" smelling that I can't quite figure, stale bread..... Taste is better, slightly sweet, more doughy uncooked bread notes (yeast(y)), think stale Hawaiian sweet rolls. Maybe both. It definitely isn't massive on flavor. Not completely offensive, but then again, I am seven stones in now. I don't see how anyone can compare this to Coors Light. It has a different mouthfeel and flavor profile, IMHO. Coors Light is a bit smoother without the pungent nose and has a cleaner taste, albeit more expensive. Just my opinion, not world class but completely unoffensive at less than 8 bucks for 15 brews (local Fl walmart). I could drink these all day. Not a bad job from Coors for a broke ass white boy.

2.55/5  rDev +47.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

This beer tastes like a whisper from an American Adjunct Lager from across a dirty old pool hall. And I don't hate that.

Poured into a Royal Goarge souveneir pint glass.

The color is pale, pale yellow. It's possibly the lightest colored beer out there. I have no evidence to back this up. It's just my initial perception.
Whitish head leaves no trace after 30 seconds.
Highly carbonated, very thin mouthfeel.
The flavor, and I hesitate to use that term, is like someone diluted 4 parts American Adjunct Lager with 1 part club soda.

Will drink again. The price point of this beer is exellent and it's a nice palet cleanser between better beers on an evening where water isn't on the menu. It's also fine for mixing with 1.5 cups of all purpose flour and an egg to make a batter for onion rings. I don't hate this beer as much as I should but even losers need friends. I'll be your friend, Keystone Light.

2.44/5  rDev +41%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 1.75

Serving: Can, from the can
Served: Numerous times in college, but a review slipped through the cracks

This is another of the quintessential party beers, that I smashed numerous times with people. Poured into a pong cup, it looks translucent and barely yellow, with a head that dies immediately. Lots of bubbles clinging to the side of a cup. Drinks super easily, with sweet corn notes. Drank cold, it just tastes like "beer", in the most stereotypical, boring sense of the term. Love the high carbonation-makes it easy to smash. Overall, a cheap beer that you shouldn't be drinking in situations other than college parties or the occasional drunken fun-fest of adulthood.

Keystone Light from Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Beer rating: 45 out of 100 with 2107 ratings