Keystone Ice | Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Keystone IceKeystone Ice
1.71/5
Awful
Keystone IceKeystone Ice

Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Colorado, United States

Cost: cheap

Head: none

Lace: none

Color: pale yellow

Aroma: tinny

Mouthfeel: light

Palate: curls the tongue

Taste: Tastes like any other pale American lager...all fake carbonation. Doug and I used to drink this because we could get like a 50 pack for 2 bucks.

Conditions:
Mowing/Working on car- n
With Friends- n
Sipping- n
Get my buzz on- n

2.9/5  rDev +69.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

If what you want is to get a buzz it is goood for that. I have had alot of beers. This isin't best but the effect is good. I guess if you are in a financial strap hold go for it there is nothing much to say about it. I like that i can get 30 stones and pay like 15 bucks for them.

1.48/5  rDev -13.5%

Keystone Ice pours a typical macro yellow with a fluffy white head from a sixteen ounce can. Smell is a cross between musty and estery at first, then just corn. Tastes like corn, but considerably worse than a typical macro. It has some off flavors, that I can't really identify. Bad. Can you say drain pour?

3.14/5  rDev +83.6%

I normally don't go around recommending bad domestic beers, but as a college student, my friends and I are often standing in a convenience store arguing over which brands "ice" we should be drinking. If you're going to drink Keystone, drink Keystone ice--another reviewer describes "rotten apples," and I agree--but it's a sweet aroma, too. And most definitely, if you are going to drink an "ice" (I know the high alcohol content is appealing to many), drink Keystone Ice.

The beer is very drinkable from the can and actually became a regular at our pick-up hockey games. It's not offensive and surprisingly (to some, not surprising at all), after a week of sitting in the snow, it kept its taste that we had become used to.

If worse comes to worse, and you're stuck with a selection of mass produced beers, grab a 12-pack of Keystone Ice. You'll survive until your next trip to the specialty shop

1.65/5  rDev -3.5%

Saw this at a local gas station, hadn't had keystone in years, and at $7.99 an 18 pack figured what they heck, give it a shot.

As an experiment, I decided to pour half of a can into a glass, and the other half i left in the "specially lined" can.

When i poured the half-glass, there was some fizzy head that dis-appeared immediately. What was left looks like a cup of piss.

The aroma is sweet grains, and old apple juice.

Not much in the way of flavor here. Just kind of sweet and fizzy. Oh and i don't know if it's a mental thing or not, but it seemed to be slighlty better (more drinkable) from the can. This really isn't a "pour in a glass" kind of beer anyways.

Bottom line, if you are on a budget and need to get your buzz on, this will do the trick. Don't drink this one for the flavor, but for the effect.

2.65/5  rDev +55%

Pours out of a "specially lined can" an average straw color yellow with a small white head.

Smell. lots of an adjunct aroma jumps out, but also has a very sweet aroma, sweet and like banana candy.

Taste. light and quite sweet. that sweet banana candy comes through in the taste too. this is, i guess on the malty side from the sweetness.... no real hop presence. alcohol is present in the taste in aftertaste, gives it a bit of creaminessfullness (i mean, come on, its 5.9%, you should notice that). Aftertaste is also sweet and just a little unpleasant since it warmed up a touch.

Mouthfeel is decent for what it is. lots of carbonation. no real balance but is quite creamy compared to others.

Overall i'd say one of the better of it's kind (ice crap). One thing that i find interesting is the can says ice brewed ale... what the hell does that mean???? This is one i dont really care to have much at all, but in all honesty, for the price and knowing how other beers of it's like taste, it aint so bad.

2.83/5  rDev +65.5%

Poured a pale yellow color with large white puffy head. Good retention, but almost no lacing to be found. Smell is slightly sweet but virtually nothing else. Taste in so minimal as to be non-existant. Finish is ciold and refreshing. Too strong to be a spacer, but not a bad all around beer.

2.2/5  rDev +28.7%

12 ounce can.

This is reminiscent of beer. If you don't want much color, much head, much aroma, much flavor, much mouthfeel and average drinkability, with a decent alcohol kick, this is the beverage for you. You could drink a lot of this and experience nothing but some belching and a buzz.

Really, very light pale, with a quickly fading white head. Smell is of corn and rice with a hint of malt and hops. Taste is paleness personified. Not much in the mouth but some fizz.

Sort of reminds me of beer.

2.78/5  rDev +62.6%

Ahh Keystone Ice, where do I start...

This was my road beer for our long trips in Montana. No I was not driving, and yes it is perfectly legal to drink in the car in Montana.

Well back to the beer. This is by far the best ice beer I have had to date. Most ice beers give me a headache half way through but not my trusty Keystone Ice. I have no idea how it pours as I would never pour such a beverage into a glass. You need to drink it out of the can anyway to take in all of the great flavor the aluminum adds. Tastes of, well, aluminum and sugar water with a slight hint of some sort of resemblance to beer hiding behind all of the carbonation. You'll be tasting more burps of previous meals than you will beer, but rightfully so with such a beer. At close to 6% alcohol a few cans can get you bent if you drink them properly (quickly) as only a beer of this caliber should be consumed.

This is a beer to drink to get drunk, not to enjoy. It is by far the best ice beer I have had to date. It doesn't have that "cheep vodka added" flavor that most ice beers have. Buy this over Bud Ice. It's cheaper and better tasting. The high taste and mouthfeel numbers are because this is being ranked against similar style beers. If it was against all beers I would probably give it a 1.5 total.

1.4/5  rDev -18.1%

I read all of the comments from college students saying why they buy bad beers. I usually drink bad beers because my Dad offers them to me, and I don't want to offend him, so I accept them. Keystone Ice is pretty rough. It tastes like aluminum foil. It smells like corn, rice, and aluminum foil. It looks pale yellow and fizzy (I guess, I actually drank it from the can). There is some alcohol in there, so I guess it really is beer, just not good beer. Has a grainy, metalic, blood-like finish. Just a weak flavor and harsh texture.

2.6/5  rDev +52%

This is not a beer for beer drinkers, pseudo-aficionados, poseurs, whoever... This is a beer for people who want cheap inebriation, but for whaterver reason don't want malt liquor. I don't know what it looks like, because nobody who buys this stuff would pour it into a glass. Lightly hopped, it has the mouthfeel of water that has been lubricated with the syrup of unfermentable sugars. I will say that it doesn't taste at all alcoholic and at almost 6%ABV it doesn't taste like it. All you have to do is walk around a college town after a football game and see empty cans of Keystone Ice lining the streets to understand what kind of brew this is.

2.67/5  rDev +56.1%

Came in a cool skinny can, silver and black. A very streamlined beer drinking experience when enjoyed from the can. I came into the room with this poured in a glass though and my dad asked me if i had pissed in the glass. Doesn't taste as quite as bad as piss though. This pours a pee yellow with no head. The armoa is sorta chemically but besides that barely detectable. The taste is nothing special, it is what you would expect from an ice beer. This one is very inoffensive. I would only drink this when i wanted to get smashed though, nothing in the area of taste here that can be enjoyed. The mouthfeel was blah. Fairly drinkable.

2.1/5  rDev +22.8%

A heavier version of its light brother. Poured out to a medium yellow color with medium high carbonation. No head to speak of, dissipated quite fast. Odors of chemical and malt were noted, as was a scent of alcohol that hung around. Flavor was minimally tolerable, with overtones of corn, water and alcohol. For an Ice beer, i guess its ok, but i'd much rather have a Schlitz or Coors.

3.02/5  rDev +76.6%

I've been a bit financially challenged as of late. I started cruising the beer aisle of my local convienience store for the most frugal beer buy. What caught my eye was a cool looking jet-black can with the words "Keysone Ice". I thought, I've heard Keystone tastes like piss, but proceeded to look down and notice the "5.9 alc.vol printed on the can. I said screw it and went with the "quick buzz".

When I got home and took my first sip I was pleasanty suprised. This was a damn smooth tasting brew. Quenched my thirst for damn sure, for both a buzz and literally. I recommend this brew for anyone after a cheap beer that tastes decent. A hell of a lot better than most other macro-lager's, and a better price.

I rate these kind of beers compared to the others in the category, and with regards to its true purpose, catching a tasty buzz. You probably know about what to expect, pale yellow, adjuct laden, ice beer taste. That being said this is one of the "better" tasting brews of this style. Or shoud i say its not as bad as the others.

1.3/5  rDev -24%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

For some reason i felt compelled to purchase this in a 24 oz can.
In appearance this is typical of the mass ( over)produced cheap American lager type liquid. That is urine yellow with a large artificial looking pure white head.
Smell is saopy and sweet, in an unpleasant way.
Taste is almost non-existant except for a really nasty chemical bitter ness that floats about.
Thin and watery on the palate.
This is not drinkable for me..a drain pour..if you must have a horribly cheap "ice " beer go for Icehouse.

1.5/5  rDev -12.3%

pours out of the can a golden straw colour with an artificial thin foamy head and sparse lace. aroma is more of the that fruit like banana....not unlike a box of fruit loops. some mild adjuncty graininess, too. medium spritzy mouthfeel...somewhat watery and minerally. taste is ghost like graininess, and a hint of alcohol. nothing else. this is better than keystone premium but still pretty bad compared to other ice brews. double blech.

2.85/5  rDev +66.7%

Keystone Ice pours a straw blond out of a 24oz “Specially Lined Can”

Head goes to about one and a half fingers before fading away to oblivion or the fifth dimension.

Nose is a damp corn adjunct, kind a like Chicago City Tap Water, but without the fishy component.

Taste is a sweet corn adjunct and the bite of carbonation, and an aftertaste of a faint hops profile.

Not a lot going on here, but if you want to go slumming, go with Keystone Ice, you won’t go wrong.

1.06/5  rDev -38%

Oh my god. This is hands down the best beer ever made! Amazing! I woder how they make such a perfect beer!
Okay, I lied. This is one of the worst things to ever come in a can. That's right folks, it's worse than Spam. But still college kids buy this like there is nothing else on the market.
It pours a clear straw yellow with no head and a lot of fizzy carbonation. not the prettiest beer, but I have seen worse.
The aroma ia semi metalic with hints of burned rice and cardboard.
Rhe taste is also of rice, metal, cardboard and the slightest hints of malt.
An embarrasing beer with no promise. I will never buy a 30 pack again. I should have myself commited for buying one as it is.

For $5.09 for a twelve pack of this stuff, hell you can't beat that. I'm a college student and that price is comparable to Natty Ice. And to be honest, I think I would take Keystone Ice over Natty Ice just about any day. Probably one of the decent tasting cheap beers out on the market for us college students right now.

2.5/5  rDev +46.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

The beer pours a very pale gold color with almost no head at all. The aroma is weak and bitter with a slight malt scent. The taste is awful. It is watered down and skunky with a mildly refreshing finish. There is little malt flavor here. The mouthfeel is decent. It is a low bodied beer with too much carbonation. This beer is good I guess if you're low on funds. Otherwise I'd stay away from it. It's one and done for me.

1.73/5  rDev +1.2%

Appearance – Light yellow in color with a bit of carbonation and a yo-yo head.

Smell – This has a sharp, alcohol-soaked ricey grain aroma that would gag a maggot.

Taste – This was about as bad as I thought it would be. There’s very little taste here to be found except the vodkaesque sting of raw booze. The grain from the nose, as bad as it was, is actually missed at the taste.

Mouthfeel – The cheap, fizzy carbonation and sharp boozy notes made this one hard to hold in the cheeks for anything longer than a second or two. I enjoy swilling extra strength Listerine more than I did this.

Sinkability – I was going to dump this in the sink except I was concerned about causing a major environmental catastrophe, so I took it to the local sanitary land fill where they charged me extra to dispose of it professionally. I think it’s buried about three or four feet deeper than the radioactive cones from a destroyed nuclear site.

2.53/5  rDev +48%

Pours a crystal clear, yellowish/light straw gold with a foamy bright-white head that drops almost immediately to just a collar. The aroma is quite limited but offers some dull, sweetish "malt" if you seek it out. The body is light with a fine carbonation that's quite crisp in the mouth. The flavor is limited as well, but offers a clean, subtle, adjunct/malt character. It finishes exceptionally clean and drying with a delicate note of sugary maltiness that lingers shortly in the aftertaste. There's not much real beer flavor here. In fact, it's almost like a beer flavored malternative. Not worth trying.

1.5/5  rDev -12.3%

This is a beer best served by chucking a can at you from the dock. Yes, swimming and drinking is foolish, but when your mouth is that close to the water, its easy to wash bad beer out.

This beer doesn't really qualify as having color. There are different shades of transparent, including the head, and that clear part beneath the head. There is no smell other than the container. There is very little taste, but several feelings. Its dry, crisp, and unobtrusive. You hardly realize you're getting full, and hardly realize you should be making your way to the bathroom.

Appearance: Pours a crystal-clear golden color with a thick white head that utterly vanishes within thirty seconds or so. Lots of fat bubbles rise to the surface quickly; lace is non-existent.

Aroma: Dominated by sweet, almost perfume-like notes from the alcohol, strong enough overpower the expected cooked vegetable smell usually noted in this class of beer.

Taste: Tasting yields a cider note and strong alcohol, the same effect noted when excessive sugar is used in homebrewing. There is a hint of grain as well, but it is very subdued. Carbonation is at the forefront of the taste and is stinging and aggressive. Towards the end of the taste there is perhaps a ghost of hop bitterness, nothing more. Finish is dry and clean.

Mouth feel: Fairlt full, with somewhat rough carbonation.

Drinkability/notes: This beer will provide a cheap buzz, but little else. For the money, Natural Ice is much better.

Presentation: Packaged in a twelve-ounce aluminum can, served in a standard pint tap glass.

Keystone Ice from Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)