1. Introducing the Respect Beer® Society. Upgrading your account to a Society membership entitles you to more than a dozen awesome perks, from discounts, to add-free browsing, extended users stats, and much more. Join today.
  2. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

Batch 19 | Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)

Batch 19Batch 19
3.32/5
Okay
Batch 19Batch 19

Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Colorado, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

None provided.

Ratings: 1,267 |  Reviews: 243
Reviews by UHRedCat:
3.75/5  rDev +13%

3.98/5  rDev +19.9%

Sample bottle from the brewery, they are launching draft only for now ... not sure if they are ever going to bottle / can it.

Bubbly sea foam head, perfectly clear golden color. Fresh graininess leans towards a more rustic dried grass aroma with a kiss of hops in the back. Refreshing crisp bite enhances the graininess, a little rough around the edges. Hop bitterness is sharp and cuts through most of the malt. On the dry side and relatively clean.

Good drinking, reminds me of some of the retro-beers that are all the rage right now. That is a big hint to the MillerCoors marketing department ... tall boy cans, crack into the hipster crowd and this beer might actually make it.

3.15/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I drank a lot of these when they were available, it really does taste like an old recipe, I wonder if the original Coors recipe was this tasty before all the adjuncts and cost cutting. It's among the best looking American lagers from the big brewers, taste is complex and grainy, smells slightly sour like most lagers to me, but if it's ever available again, I recommend giving it a shot.

3.16/5  rDev -4.8%

Mowing the lawn beer. a thirst quencher with no complexity. Cheap though, 80 cents a bottle here.

4.31/5  rDev +29.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

My favorite beer to date. I'm a history guy so when I saw a pre-prohibition style lager, I had to get it. Could not be happier with the decision. Good color, wasn't a fan of the smell because I didn't realize that the first batch I picked up was way past the suggested date. It still tasted great though. Then had to buy a new batch not past the date and it was even better. Can't believe it's made by Coor's. Thanks a lot, Prohibition, for making this delicious beer disappear for almost a century

3.44/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Look: Dark Golden/Brown. Doesn't look like any adjunct I've seen in a long time.
Smell: Smells more like a Sam Adams Boston Lager than an adjunct. I'm expecting a bitter taste based on smell and look.
Taste: OK. I was wrong. Not really that bitter at all, but it is there a very little in the aftertaste.
Feel: A little more body than a regular adjunct but not heavy or gritty.
Overall: I've been drinking beer for about 35 years and I think I know why people like this beer. It tastes like American beer did 35 years ago, before the macro brewers watered down what was already an adjunct beer. It tastes like an old school American Beer before rice and corn totally replaced malt and hops. I serious doubt this tastes like pre-prohibition beer, more like the late 70's, early 80's beer I grew up on.

3.81/5  rDev +14.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

For me, this was the beer that started it all. Before this prohibition style lager, I only knew of Yuengling, Pabst... Before this beer, I was just a kid. Of course I can only taste it now through a rose tinted straw, but I can remember handing a tenner to my friends the legal age, "go get that prohibition 19 stuff!" For the first time, I wasn't buying beer to get drunk, I just genuinely enjoyed the flavor. I would still kill a six by myself of course. I do hope they will bring it back again one day, for nostalgia's sake.

3.53/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Appearance: Clear deep golden color, with a massive, dense white head, which retains superbly. The carbonation is slight. The lacing is dense and complex, resembling alien hieroglyphics.

Aroma: Lots of grain with a solid grassy aroma., and a modest herbal hop aroma.

Taste: Opens with a solid grain backbone, very much like a Czech Pilsener, absent the classic cracker malt. As the taste progresses, fairly sharp herbal and grassy hop notes appear, these turn to a medicinal cast as the taste draws to a close.

Mouth feel: Smooth, soft, full, quite pleasant.

Drinkability/notes: Very nicely done, Coors has upped their game quite a bit with this example.

Presentation: Packaged in a custom twelve-ounce brown glass long-neck bottle, served in a New Belgium Brewing chalice.

3.75/5  rDev +13%

4.17/5  rDev +25.6%

I had this at River Fest in Casper yesterday.

A medium gold pour, good head of foam, some lacing.

The smell was of caramel malt, light grain, light hops which were on the spicy side.

The taste was very good. Some sweetness, a spicy hop kick, very light grain; I think the show case of Batch 19 is how tasty the hops translated in the taste. I got 3 samples and I yearned for more.

This brew really impressed me and I wish I had it available locally whenever I wanted it.

2.75/5  rDev -17.2%

3.02/5  rDev -9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Visually comes off glowing amber golden hued with flowing off white rocky textured head, thick bubbles forming as it settles down. Thick bands of lace settle along the sides of my glass, quite a nice looking brew from the folks at Coors. Aroma has a lingering citric, grassy hop nose amongst a clean mix of grain perceived sweetness, let the hops shine in this supposed recipe pre-prohibition 1919 lager. Definitely a nice smelling mix of barley, corn husks, cereal grains with hop appreciation showing some love from the bottles label it says strisselspalt and hersbrucker German hops. The alcohol weighs in pretty heavy in the flavor at first but settles into a mix of semi sweet bready grains and bitter green hoppy citrus rind and grassy accents. Not the best American brewed lager lingering flavors that don't work are bitterness from an almost plastic or burnt bread crust carbon flavor that I'm just not appreciating. Overall mouthfeel has ample carbonation but is a bit harsh with those lingering qualities that stick with you between sips, not a beer I'm looking to consume on a regular basis.

3.92/5  rDev +18.1%

12oz bottle

A - Amber color with a white head that doesn't dissipate quickly.

S - strong smell. very pleasent.

T - Greast taste. Strong first impression with a moderate lingering after taste

F - good carbonation. Strong sense of individualality.

O - Great brew. Would drink again and recommend. I enjoyed it straight from the bottle and from a frosted Mason Jar :)

3.34/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

12 oz from a six pack from local Mom and Pop convenience store, S.Salem $6.99. Slightly darker gold than usual for a pale lager..nice really,large frothy white head. Realtivly clean aroma or weak caramel,nuts, and weak resin hops. Taste is balanced, caramel,grassy hop and bread..not too bad really maybe a bit sweet. Hae to say i liked the mouthfeel of this ..it made me take big gulps and i am not thirsty..i can only imagine how fast this would go next week as i camp in the Oregon Dunes. A good lager

3.81/5  rDev +14.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Appearance: crystal amber body with a one finger white head and it leaves some lacing on the glass

Aroma: faint spicy hops; dough; not much else

Flavor: grassy, spicy hops, pink peppercorn, lightly roasted caramel, lightly toasted grains, flavors come together for a nice lager

Mouthfeel: super fine carbonation feel – like a flat fizz; soft wool like; soft pink peppercorn spice on the back; dry lightly toasted notes with a touch of spice on the aftertaste that linger;

To the Point: have to say I did not expect much from this product; after being tortured with that Third Shift crap – what else do you expect from the big beer companies trying to compete with the craft beer segment … a good beer … yeah right. Oh yeah, right! This is good. I will buy it again for sitting around the campfire up north.

2.75/5  rDev -17.2%

Batch 19 from Coors Brewing Company (Molson-Coors)
Beer rating: 3.32 out of 5 with 1,267 ratings